Windows 10: I can't fix my brightness.

Discus and support I can't fix my brightness. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple days ago, I updated my display driver, as it was outdated. I then turned off my computer for a couple of hours and came back. I saw that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Adam_870, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Adam_870 Win User

I can't fix my brightness.

A couple days ago, I updated my display driver, as it was outdated. I then turned off my computer for a couple of hours and came back. I saw that the brightness had been turned all the way up. I tried pressing the lower brightness button, but it didn't work. I looked online to see what would help. Every source I looked at told me to update either my display or monitor driver. I did both and neither helped. It hurts my eyes to look at a computer screen for hours while working on college stuff. I really don't know what to do anymore. Anything that you think could help me would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Adam_870, Sep 16, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Brightness is fixed/unadjustable.

If it was working previously, I'd bet it stopped due to a mirror driver being installed. Mirror drivers are what allow remote meeting software like GoToMeeting, WebEx, and Team Viewer to copy the screen.

Here's the steps I would suggest:

• Right-click the Start button, choose Device Manager
    • Go to the Monitor section (not display adapter) and remove everything inside (right-click and uninstall)
    • Click the "Scan for hardware" on the toolbar (has a magnifying glass icon on it)
    • Try adjusting brightness again
    Please let me know how it goes.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 16, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't fix my brightness. - Similar Threads - can't fix brightness

2. i can't adjust brightness how to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't adjust brightness how to fix it: i can't adjust brightness on my Lenovo Thinkpad and when try to fix it by opening the dvice manager to update my Microsoft basic adapter it doesn't work....
  3. i can't adjust brightness how to fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't adjust brightness how to fix it: i can't adjust brightness on my Lenovo Thinkpad and when try to fix it by opening the dvice manager to update my Microsoft basic adapter it doesn't work....
  4. i can't adjust brightness how to fix it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can't change my brightness level.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my brightness level.: My f4 & f5 buttons can't work and when I go to settings I can't change the brightness level too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-brightness-level/89b84e0e-e5dd-4c93-ae1f-c152907f66a3
  6. I can't change my brightness level.

I can't change my brightness level.: My f4 & f5 buttons can't work and when I go to settings I can't change the brightness level too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-brightness-level/89b84e0e-e5dd-4c93-ae1f-c152907f66a3
  7. Why can't I change my brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change my brightness: I have looked everywhere but I just down have a brightness slider, whether I look in settings on in the quick actions. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-my-brightness/a0893128-e3d2-4240-b591-7f396603f4fb
  8. Why can't I change my brightness

Why can't I change my brightness: I have looked everywhere but I just down have a brightness slider, whether I look in settings on in the quick actions. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-my-brightness/a0893128-e3d2-4240-b591-7f396603f4fb
  9. I can't adjust my screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't adjust my screen brightness: Suddenly my laptop doesn't let me change my screen brightness. I am stuck with the full brightness and it is uncomfortable. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-adjust-my-screen-brightness/4e2f924d-476c-4c3f-be52-ebbdb7ccc2d0
  10. I can't change my screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't change my screen brightness.: There is a problem when I try to change the screen brightness, it doesn't change at all. I tried to update the windows and restart my laptop. Even uninstalled, and update the display adapter in the device manager. Please help me with this, thank you. [ATTACH]...