Windows 10: I can't format any drives...

Discus and support I can't format any drives... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! Today, when I tried to format my used storage device, it said this: [ATTACH] and [ATTACH]and [ATTACH] and [ATTACH] I need help. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GoldenBloxYT, Jan 27, 2019.

1. I can't format any drives...

Hello! Today, when I tried to format my used storage device, it said this:

I can't format any drives... d5677f8b-e8e4-4617-85d3-111590d3921f?upload=true.png

and

I can't format any drives... c2a241ca-4b9f-4c44-a3f3-10999947ef92?upload=true.png and

I can't format any drives... 5d5d9d9c-5395-4e14-ad8c-5fb94b8601d2?upload=true.png

and

I can't format any drives... d8849df9-cf14-49d7-92ef-aaf391e27f86?upload=true.png

I need help. I cannot format any drive at all.

Sincerely,

Golden

:)

GoldenBloxYT, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

I can't format any drives...

want to Format a La Cie External Drive Because the Software Genie 9 has too many versions of backup.

Hello,

To format an external USB or an external hard drive you can easily do it by accessing Computer Management. For us to assist you, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Computer Management.
    • On the left side, click on Disk Management under Storage.
    • Locate the drive that you want to format.
    • Once located, right-click on the drive and choose Format.

If the hard drive has not been formatted with the steps that we have provided above, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your hard drive. Some hard drive requires a software that you'll need to use just to format it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

I can't format any drives...

1. I can't format any drives... - Similar Threads - can't format drives

2. I can't format my disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't format my disk drive: After an update my pc had blocked me from my D: disk and whatever what I do it just doesn't whenever I try to click format i waits for a while then just says that windowns can't format D and asks me to check if disk is connected properly it also later shows me a notification...
  3. I can't format my disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't format my disk drive: After an update my pc had blocked me from my D: disk and whatever what I do it just doesn't whenever I try to click format i waits for a while then just says that windowns can't format D and asks me to check if disk is connected properly it also later shows me a notification...
  4. Can't format A drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't format A drive to NTFS: I recently received a new SSD and installed it into my system. I tried to format it into NTFS, which turned into the RAW format. When I try to reformat the drive in the Disk Management tool it says," The format did not complete successfully." I looked up some tutorials on...
  5. Can't format A drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't format A drive to NTFS: I recently received a new SSD and installed it into my system. I tried to format it into NTFS, which turned into the RAW format. When I try to reformat the drive in the Disk Management tool it says," The format did not complete successfully." I looked up some tutorials on...
  6. Can't format A drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't format USB drive in NTFS format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't format USB drive in NTFS format: I have a sandisk 128gig flashdrive its in exFAT, every time i try to re format it into NTFS format it gives me an error pop up saying "windows was unable to complete the format" i need it for the extra storage space, hope anyone knows the solution. please get back to me....
  8. Format SSD drive or any drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Format SSD drive or any drive: Hello, When I perform a quick format of my SSD drive then I experienced problems/conflicts when I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my SSD drive afterwards compared to a slow(deep) format of my SSD drive! When I do a slow format of my SSD drive then I experience no...
  9. Can't format dynamic drive

Can't format dynamic drive: Trying to add a second HDD to my friend's PC to give more storage. The HDD in question was previously the OS drive in an old PC and still has some windows and program files on it., Want to format but I can't format or delete the volume. And because it's a dynamic...
  10. Can't format local drive

Can't format local drive: Hi, I have a local Disk (D), which it's content is from my previous PC (Drive C in my previous PC). I don't need it anymore, and I think it is causing problems to Office. I uninstalled Office, and I'm trying to format this D drive, before I install a newer version of...