Windows 10: I can't format my SD card

Discus and support I can't format my SD card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, this is my first post, so I aplogize in advance if I'm forgetting to give you enough informations. I'm on Windows 10 and I'm trying to move files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Doe420, Nov 9, 2020.

1. I can't format my SD card

Hi, this is my first post, so I aplogize in advance if I'm forgetting to give you enough informations. I'm on Windows 10 and I'm trying to move files in my SD card, but if I re-insert it in my PC all the files I moved are gone! the same goes for deleting. Windows also tells me there is a problem with the drive and if I want to fix it, but I try to do it it says "unable to restore drive". I used a software to recover data and then tried to format the SD card but I was unable. I even used "chkdsk F: /f" and it told me there was a fatal error with system volume information. I heard from another post that deleting system volume information will allow me to format the SD, but I'm currently unable. I can open the folder just fine, but can't delete it I don't get errors, the folder simply won't disappear.

My SD card is FAT32

Micro SD card HC class

Thank you and sorry for bad english.

:)

John Doe420, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

I can't format my SD card

1. I can't format my SD card - Similar Threads - can't format card

2. Why can't I format an SD card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I format an SD card?: I am helping someone with an issue. They need an SD card to be reformatted, so I looked it up to find out how to do so. I have windows software not sure if this matters. When I plugged the card reader and SD car into the computer, it showed up in the folders like it should...
  3. Why can't I format an SD card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I format an SD card?: I am helping someone with an issue. They need an SD card to be reformatted, so I looked it up to find out how to do so. I have windows software not sure if this matters. When I plugged the card reader and SD car into the computer, it showed up in the folders like it should...
  4. Why can't I format an SD card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Formating a micro SD card

Formating a micro SD card: Hi, Does anybody know how to format a micro SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-a-micro-sd-card/103f6f3f-4234-4391-918e-46dff548d7a2
  6. Formatting SD Card

Formatting SD Card: Hello, I have an SD Card of 64 GB storage space which my friend and I used as an external storage device. It has somehow become write protected. I cannot delete it's files. I've checked it's physical lock. How can I convert it to a normal SD Card or Format it completely...
  7. Formating a SD card

Formating a SD card: Hello, I am not a computer wizard.....can do some things but I cannot find out how to format a SD card - I have the adapter, with the SD card in, put into computer and laptop and nothing happens. Do I have to set up something - not sure what they are - the computer has only...
  8. Unsupported SD Card format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsupported SD Card format: Hi there!! I connected an SD Card and Windows tells me to format it if I want to use it. I need the data inside it, how can I do to transfer it's data anywhere else or to use it safely without formatting?? Thanks, hoping this has solution!!!! submitted by /u/Lukss_203...
  9. Format SD Card

Format SD Card: I cannot format an SD Card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-sd-card/8177d725-b12d-4d1c-a799-efcb3df3c53f
  10. Formatting a SD card with FAT32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a SD card with FAT32: I have a camera that requires a micro SD card with a USH-1 rating and U3 video level. The card I have is 128GB. The camera requires the card to be formatted with FAT32. When trying to format the card in Windows 10pro, the formatting options presented are NTFS and exFAT. I...