Windows 10: I can't format my windows 10(Unable)

Discus and support I can't format my windows 10(Unable) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My PC was broken(There was nothing on screen just black) so i took harddrive and plug in my friends PC(both of us using acer and it works, someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Doğukan Karaaslan, Jul 29, 2019.

1. I can't format my windows 10(Unable)

Hi

My PC was broken(There was nothing on screen just black) so i took harddrive and plug in my friends PC(both of us using acer and it works, someone says it wont open) then I took important files

After this i gave my pc to service and the problem about screen was gone but there was another problem

I see "ACER" logo its opening then nothing so i tried to format win10 on pressinig f8(I dont know how name of blue screen with different options) bc i took important files

And didn't happen windows was unable to format or something I can't remember.

I can open in safe mode i tried format with cmd but I think I can't

I tried everyting(like old versions of windows) on that f8 blue screen but didnt work

The question is in this situtation how can i format my win10

:)

Doğukan Karaaslan, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Hitman Win User

I can't format my windows 10(Unable)

Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

I can't format my windows 10(Unable)

1. I can't format my windows 10(Unable) - Similar Threads - can't format Unable

2. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to format . . .: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10. I have a 256 gigabyte, USB drive. That I'm, unable to format. If you look. at the picture. I went to, disk management. It shows, the available space. But if I right click, simple volume. Nothing happens? In, the past. I had, this...
  3. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format . . .: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10. I have a 256 gigabyte, USB drive. That I'm, unable to format. If you look. at the picture. I went to, disk management. It shows, the available space. But if I right click, simple volume. Nothing happens? In, the past. I had, this...
  4. Unable to format . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't format my disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't format my disk drive: After an update my pc had blocked me from my D: disk and whatever what I do it just doesn't whenever I try to click format i waits for a while then just says that windowns can't format D and asks me to check if disk is connected properly it also later shows me a notification...
  6. I can't format my disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't format my disk drive: After an update my pc had blocked me from my D: disk and whatever what I do it just doesn't whenever I try to click format i waits for a while then just says that windowns can't format D and asks me to check if disk is connected properly it also later shows me a notification...
  7. I can't format my SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't format my SD card: Hi, this is my first post, so I aplogize in advance if I'm forgetting to give you enough informations. I'm on Windows 10 and I'm trying to move files in my SD card, but if I re-insert it in my PC all the files I moved are gone! the same goes for deleting. Windows also tells...
  8. Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10: I am unable to format USB drive in Windows 10. Even when I tried copy paste few files from local drive, it is asking me admin permission. I tried same thing in other laptop having windows 7 and it works fine. In laptop having windows 10, I tried all possible ways which...
  9. I can't format my DVD R

I can't format my DVD R: Hi someone can help me please? Because i want to format my DVD R but i can't ask me some questions if needed. Thanks[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-format-my-dvd-r/ed01f647-bc32-439b-8ae3-449045129015
  10. I Can't Format My HDD

I Can't Format My HDD: Hiya guys, I have 2 HDD's in my PC, one is a Windows 10 HDD and the other is just there for media files. I wanted to format my media drive, but it wont let me. It turns out when I installed Windows 10, it added the boot folders to the media HDD. No idea why. I guess I need...