Windows 10: I cant get action center or taskbar jumplists to work anymore any ideas what went wrong...

Discus and support I cant get action center or taskbar jumplists to work anymore any ideas what went wrong... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cant get action center or taskbar jumplists to work anymore / i get the hourglass then nothing/ any ideas what went wrong with win 10? how to fix?/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by heninigro, Oct 18, 2020.

1. heninigro Win User

I cant get action center or taskbar jumplists to work anymore any ideas what went wrong...

I cant get action center or taskbar jumplists to work anymore / i get the hourglass then nothing/ any ideas what went wrong with win 10? how to fix?/ also random secondary windows seem to disappear as well

:)

heninigro, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Windows 10 Action Center is not working anymore!

Hi Kamran,

To help you restore Action Center on your taskbar in Windows 10, please answer these questions:

• Did this happen after installing updates on your computer?
    • Is your computer part of a workgroup?
    Let's try the suggestion by Vijin V on this
    page
    to restore Action Center on your taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruz San, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Action Center Taskbar Icon not Showing App Icons

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the taskbar in Windows 10, let me assist you.

It seems that the task bar and notifications settings have been changed.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I key and click on
      Personalization
      option.
    • Click on Taskbar option in the left pane.
    • Check for any modifications in the settings and make changes if necessary.

For more information on notification settings, you may also refer to the article below on
    Change notification settings in action center and check I fit helps.

Change notification settings in Windows 10

Hope this helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Mohan B P, Oct 18, 2020
  4. rfhar Win User

I cant get action center or taskbar jumplists to work anymore any ideas what went wrong...

Jumplist problem

When I right-click on a pinned item on a taskbar Jumplist and the file is unavailable the item cannot be "Unpinned from the list", nor can the item be deleted from the jumplist. I first noticed this when the February update that borked my USB mouse. A
    lot of the items in the jumplist did not come up on the screen when I clicked on them but when I found the file and clicked on the file in it's containing folder opening the file up then clicking on the jumplist entry of the file would work again. It seems
    that I must have deleted the files in the folder but the jumplst entry of the file is borked and the file cannot be removed from the jumplist, but if the file does exist in a folder, opening it up in the folder fixes the jumplist entry so it will work again.

Any ideas?

rfhar, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. I cant get action center or taskbar jumplists to work anymore any ideas what went wrong... - Similar Threads - cant action center

2. Action CENTER won't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action CENTER won't work anymore: Video of the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-work-anymore/313b8532-e6ae-407a-821c-2cca6e9077ca
  3. Action CENTER won't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action CENTER won't work anymore: Video of the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-work-anymore/313b8532-e6ae-407a-821c-2cca6e9077ca
  4. Action CENTER won't work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Action center doesn't work anymore.!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action center doesn't work anymore.!!: Action center doesn't work anymore, I tried all methods but still it isn't fixed. What should I do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-doesnt-work-anymore/62a03978-10e8-47d8-9668-0ec75b38c1a7
  6. Action center doesn't work anymore.!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center doesn't work anymore.!!: Action center doesn't work anymore, I tried all methods but still it isn't fixed. What should I do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-doesnt-work-anymore/62a03978-10e8-47d8-9668-0ec75b38c1a7
  7. Action center doesn't work anymore.!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Win10 Action Center won't stay open- any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Action Center won't stay open- any ideas?: Win10 Pro Ver 2004 OS 19041.630 running on a Lenovo T480 Intel i7-8650U, 1.9GHz, 16gb of RAM As title says, A-C won't stay open for more than 2 secs before it disappears. Tried all of the online solutions that I can find (restart explorer.exe, disk cleanup does nothing,...
  9. action center in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    action center in taskbar: in the taskbar it shows there is a notification from something but when I click on the message icon it comes up with the side bar that usually shows up but its blank and the selectable things come up such as all settings and ect....
  10. Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working: Hi All, I've tried everything short of resetting my pc to get my action center icon on my taskbar to function normally. Right now it will turn white like a new notification is available, but when I click on it nothing happens. Also..when I press the Ctrl + A keys, nothing...