Windows 10: I can't get back to the desktop on Windows 10

Discus and support I can't get back to the desktop on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My young daughter did something on my laptop and now the start menu appears to be stuck open. If I right click on the start menu button it gives me a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ReikiTracie, Jan 17, 2020.

1. I can't get back to the desktop on Windows 10

My young daughter did something on my laptop and now the start menu appears to be stuck open. If I right click on the start menu button it gives me a desktop link, but when I click on it, it only shows me the desktop background with no icons, if I click anywhere on it, it reverts to the start menu. I'm guessing this is a settings issue, but can't figure out how to fix it.

:)

ReikiTracie, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 17, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

I can't get back to the desktop on Windows 10

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

I can't get back to the desktop on Windows 10

1. I can't get back to the desktop on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't desktop

2. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it: When i uninstalled adobe acrobat some, folders from my desktop deleted themselves not in the recycle bin and when I try to acces them through quick acces it wont open and gives me this message: "C: \Users\anaci\Desktop\BIP PORTUGAL is unavailable. If the location is on this...
  6. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it: When i uninstalled adobe acrobat some, folders from my desktop deleted themselves not in the recycle bin and when I try to acces them through quick acces it wont open and gives me this message: "C: \Users\anaci\Desktop\BIP PORTUGAL is unavailable. If the location is on this...
  7. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

8. Can't access Desktop folder URGENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Desktop folder URGENT: Today, I went onto my computer to find an error message that read:Location is not available C:\Users\mubas\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a...
  9. Can't access Desktop folder URGENT

Can't access Desktop folder URGENT: Today, I went onto my computer to find an error message that read:Location is not available C:\Users\mubas\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a...
  10. Why can't I put a "." in the names of folders on my desktop?

Why can't I put a "." in the names of folders on my desktop?: I made a folder "VS." but it only appears as "VS", what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-put-a-in-the-names-of-folders-on-my/1f290c3a-8267-4d93-952f-4d8fe4f33a20