Windows 10: I can't get Connected User Experiences and Telemetry/Diag Track to start in services.msc.

Discus and support I can't get Connected User Experiences and Telemetry/Diag Track to start in services.msc. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed that Minecraft wasn't unlocking any achievements and a common fix was to enable Connected User Experiences and Telemetry, but mine is stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZoeQuinnAbusesPeople, Nov 9, 2019.

1. I can't get Connected User Experiences and Telemetry/Diag Track to start in services.msc.

I noticed that Minecraft wasn't unlocking any achievements and a common fix was to enable Connected User Experiences and Telemetry, but mine is stuck in a perpetual state of starting. If I set it to disable and restart the computer, I have the option to start it, but it gives me error 1053 and times out.

I've temporarily enabled various telemetry options, but nothing is working.

submitted by /u/ZoeQuinnAbusesPeople
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZoeQuinnAbusesPeople, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Disable Service "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry"?

I just disabled the service "Connected user experiences and telemetry" to restrict the data fed back to Microsoft. Has anyone noticed any problems in disabling this service?

Steve C, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Connected User Experience and Telemetry and try.

I have a couple of questions about the above processes that seem to continually be running on my system.

Firstly, is there a difference between them? If so, what?.

Secondly, there have been numerous times (more so since the last Insiders Ring update) that I've noticed the Microsoft Compatability Telemetry is running at least 3 and sometimes more of the same process, namely the CompatTelRunner.exe. As of writing this,
    I have 3 copies of it running in the background, 2 of which are showing disk activity, the 3rd one, zero disk activity.

Thirdly, I know that being part of the insiders ring that the telemetry must be turned on, but does Microsoft have to run the Connected User Experience and Telemetry EVERY hour or so? If I'm trying to browse the net, it seems to kick in, if I'm playing a
    game, it kicks in, slowing my pc right down. If I call up task manager and close the process, within half an hour, it's automatically started AGAIN. Is there ANY way I can have it run the telemetry thing ONCE a day, say as soon as I boot up the system and
    then that's it? The process I'm talking about is marked as 'Service Host:UtcSvc' and the process is 'svchost.exe'.

If I turn off the collection of the telemetry data, does it affect the insiders ring, and if so, how exactly? It seems that my hard drive is now CONSTANTLY churning due to these processes continually kicking in.

I have ran both the latest versions of Malawarebytes and Windows Security (Defender) and both have come back clean bill of health.

(During writing this section of the question, the Connected User Experience and Telemetry has risen to over 80 Megs/sec hard disk use, and the Compatability Telemetry to 3 Megs/sec).

This constant collection of data is really frustraiting, and I'm beginning to wonder if the constant churning of the Hard Disk is really starting to damage the drive?

bryangee733, Nov 9, 2019
  4. I can't get Connected User Experiences and Telemetry/Diag Track to start in services.msc.

Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Windows 10

Hello,

Windows telemetry inform our decisions and focus our efforts in providing the most robust, most valuable platform for your business and the people who count on Windows to enable them to be as productive as possible. Telemetry gives users a voice in
    the operating system’s development. For more information regarding Windows telemetry, you may check this
    article.

If you don't want to participate in providing automatic feedback to improve the operating system, we can disable Windows Telemetry by following these steps:

• Run the Services desktop application.
    • Locate Diagnostics Tracking Service in the services list, and open its
      Property Sheet.
    • Stop the Diagnostics Tracking Service, and then change the Startup Type to
      Disabled.
    • Click OK.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

I can't get Connected User Experiences and Telemetry/Diag Track to start in services.msc.

1. I can't get Connected User Experiences and Telemetry/Diag Track to start in services.msc. - Similar Threads - can't Connected User

2. Connected User Experiences and Telemetry stuck on starting in services.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected User Experiences and Telemetry stuck on starting in services.: Connected User Experiences and Telemetry is stuck starting even though I set it to automatic start-up.My Laptop is on the latest update and all of it's dependencies are working correctly so I can't think of why its not working.I tried this...
  3. Connected User Experiences and Telemetry stuck on starting in services.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected User Experiences and Telemetry stuck on starting in services.: Connected User Experiences and Telemetry is stuck starting even though I set it to automatic start-up.My Laptop is on the latest update and all of it's dependencies are working correctly so I can't think of why its not working.I tried this...
  4. Computer Management MSC - No "Connect as another user:" option.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Management MSC - No "Connect as another user:" option.: Hi All,I find myself frustrated with having to try and launch compmgmt.msc with alternate credentials for non-domain joined machines and having to try and pass through credentials first. yet event viewer, on the other hand, I can launch, then specify the machine and...
  5. cant start connected user experiences and telemetry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant start connected user experiences and telemetry: Hello, I have a problem in windows 10 games called minecraft... I cant earn achievements there even I didnt enable cheats and I play in survival mode. I tried to get the achievement when you go to the nether but I didnt earn it... I found a solution on youtube that enabling...
  6. Connected User Experiences And Telemetry Properties service stuck at starting. Need a fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected User Experiences And Telemetry Properties service stuck at starting. Need a fix.: Connected User Experiences And Telemetry Properties service is maybe stuck. It showing under service status that it's starting but doesn't start. I tried restarting my pc but even then it again showing starting. Shouldn't it be showing running. Also.my achivements on Xbox...
  7. Connected User Experiences Telemtery service missing from services.msc

Connected User Experiences Telemtery service missing from services.msc: so basically the title says it all and I need this service to be enabled as I believe this could be the reasons I am not unlocking my Xbox achievements game: Minecraft windows 10 edition and I am not able to view this service in services.msc. Please check the picture...
  8. Connected User Experiences and Telemetry

Connected User Experiences and Telemetry: Hi I wonder if anyone can help me. when looking in the services on my computer am looking for Connected User Experiences and Telemetry so that I may turn it on as I believe this could be the reasons I am not unlocking my xbox Achievements. But when looking for this it is not...
  9. Connected User Experience and Telemetry and try.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connected User Experience and Telemetry and try.: I have a couple of questions about the above processes that seem to continually be running on my system. Firstly, is there a difference between them? If so, what?. Secondly, there have been numerous times (more so since the last Insiders Ring update) that I've noticed the...
  10. Disable Service "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Service "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry"?: I just disabled the service "Connected user experiences and telemetry" to restrict the data fed back to Microsoft. Has anyone noticed any problems in disabling this service? 90526

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. could not start the connected user experiences

3. window connected user experiences and telemetry service stuck starting

4. connected user experiences and telemetry wont start,
  5. windows 10 error 1053 connected user experiences and telemetry