Windows 10: I can't get internet access.

Discus and support I can't get internet access. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't get internet access. My WiFi adapter is no longer recognized. In fact, the software for the adapter will not complete setup. It worked a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DSeabury, Jul 26, 2020.

1. DSeabury Win User

I can't get internet access.

I can't get internet access. My WiFi adapter is no longer recognized. In fact, the software for the adapter will not complete setup. It worked a month ago, but now doesn't. What can I do? Please keep in mind, I don't have internet access on that PC.

:)

DSeabury, Jul 26, 2020

2. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 26, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Jul 26, 2020
  4. mQ573 Win User

Can't access .2.1 from .0.1>?

Pushing oneself is commendable, but it should be in a given direction, not to run aimlessly or in circles. Questions aren't silly per se (arguable, but...). They may however be irrelevant in a given context, and always are in any undefined or fuzzy context.

What you can't plan, you'll never achieve. I'm sorry to hear about your predicament, but I suggest you should consider it as an extra incentive for planning in even more detail than usual before proceeding with your VPN project.

Before starting to plan, one must answer the question: "Is such endeavour worth the blood, sweat and tears I'm going to have to shed". It's also known as project's ROI I can't get internet access. :).

Allow me to redirect you to an excellent article about VPNs: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...ng-a-vpn-sucks
    Some excerpts:

"Whenever I actually had to get something done, I turned off the VPN."

"But VPNs are primarily used by people who want to protect themselves in very specific and temporary circumstances. They're great for encrypting traffic on public WiFi networks, such as at the airport or at Starbucks. They're great for journalists and security researchers who want to hide their identity while reporting. They're terrible for always-on, regular-ass internet usage."

"The takeaway here is that no VPN is going to get widespread adoption from the average internet user, nor should it. We've repeatedly seen that given the choice between privacy and convenience, most people will choose convenience."

"Quite simply, it's bullshit that the average internet user has to even think about using a VPN."

Now, if you can't think of a better/easier project to work on, let me suggest a plan outline for you:

Step 1: Prepare and test the primary router: Please list all the tasks you have to complete before going to

Step 2: Prepare and test the secondary (VPN) router: Bigger step. Please list all the tasks you have to complete before going to

Step 3: Connect the 2 routers and test. Please list all the tasks you have to complete before going to

Step 4: Celebrate and prepare for ongoing maintenance.

Don't even think about starting a step before writing down a list of tasks. If you have questions on HOW to complete a given task, state WHAT you want to achieve, and someone will be happy to help.

Good luck and best wishes.

mQ573, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't get internet access. - Similar Threads - can't internet access

2. I can't access my internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my internet: I can't access my internet even if I'm connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-internet/4c7e8f49-fb35-4942-9cf7-ecdd6890b65f
  3. I can't access my internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my internet: I can't access my internet even if I'm connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-internet/4c7e8f49-fb35-4942-9cf7-ecdd6890b65f
  4. Can't access the internet whatsoever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access the internet whatsoever: I've connected to my dial-up broadband connection through ethernet as usual but cannot access the internet. I've tried connecting to wifi from a different source and it connected without any problem but I still cannot access the internet.I've tried several diagnoses such as...
  5. Can't access the internet whatsoever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access the internet whatsoever: I've connected to my dial-up broadband connection through ethernet as usual but cannot access the internet. I've tried connecting to wifi from a different source and it connected without any problem but I still cannot access the internet.I've tried several diagnoses such as...
  6. I get no internet access

I get no internet access: Whenever i connect to a network it says no acess https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-no-internet-access/7d1bb199-260d-430f-92ce-722f4875dd47
  7. I get no access to the internet

I get no access to the internet: So i fixed my orginal problem being that all the networks were gone but i ran back into the problem that caused it. Whenever i go and connect to a network i get no internet acess...
  8. Can't access internet

Can't access internet: I can't access email or websites - keep getting the message "a problem with this webpage caused internet explorer to close & reopen this tab". I'm using Windows 10, version 1803 & all updates are automatic & current. If I persist, opening duplicate tabs, I can sometimes open...
  9. Mornings, I can't get it up. I have No Internet Access

Mornings, I can't get it up. I have No Internet Access: I have a desktop, dual booting Win10 / Ubuntu 16 I'm an American in the Philippines, just changed IP's. I had no problem with booting from previous IP,, only slow as heck and limited bandwidth NOW, every morning when I turn on computer my Desktop (wired connection) the...
  10. Can't get Internet access on my router

Can't get Internet access on my router: I have a desktop connected by wire to my Bell modem. I also have a laptop connected via wifi. I had a problem with updates not installing on the laptop so I did a restore to a previous save (about two weeks ago. When it completed, I can recognize my modem (Bell500) but when I...