Windows 10: I can't get into Firefox because of Family settings.

Discus and support I can't get into Firefox because of Family settings. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi! So I've been trying to get into Firefox on my laptop and it says I need to ask for parent permission. I clicked ask by email and nothing showed up... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ColeWheatley, Mar 7, 2019.

1. I can't get into Firefox because of Family settings.

Hi! So I've been trying to get into Firefox on my laptop and it says I need to ask for parent permission. I clicked ask by email and nothing showed up on my email for my dads. I've done some research into seeing what might fix the problem. My dad and I went into the family setting and turned off all of the child locks. After waiting 24 hours, the same message was still popping up. Since I was over the age of 18 on my account I left the family thinking it might solve the problem. After waiting another 24 hours, the same message was still popping up. I'm not sure what to do now and any answers would be greatly appreciated!

:)

ColeWheatley, Mar 7, 2019

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 7, 2019
  3. How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 7, 2019
  4. I can't get into Firefox because of Family settings.

Microsoft family features

Hi Lewis,

If you're account is part of a family safety, there might be some restrictions that was set, and it could be the reason why you cannot access Chrome and Firefox. However, let us isolate your concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• What is the status of your account under Family safety?
    • Are there any error message when you access Chrome or Firefox?
    • Have you tried to check settings regarding your Microsoft account?
    • When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done to resolve the concern?

You may check this article for reference regarding Microsoft Family.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

I can't get into Firefox because of Family settings.

1. I can't get into Firefox because of Family settings. - Similar Threads - can't Firefox Family

2. I can't get out of microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't get out of microsoft family: Microsoft family is bugging on my PC. I am not even in the family but it still has a lock and if I try to do something it says "error check wifi" and in settitngs im not even logged into family but in the tray it shows a little family icon. "You will be locked at 22pm" or...
  3. I can't get out of microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get out of microsoft family: Microsoft family is bugging on my PC. I am not even in the family but it still has a lock and if I try to do something it says "error check wifi" and in settitngs im not even logged into family but in the tray it shows a little family icon. "You will be locked at 22pm" or...
  4. I can't get out of microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family Settings are STILL blocking Firefox in 2021

Family Settings are STILL blocking Firefox in 2021: Just purchased a new laptop for our son, cannot getting the Family Safety Settings to whitelist Firefox. I see numerous articles going back to 2017 about this issue, major red flag in my opinion.Is there a reliable fix for this issue or should I wipe his account and start...
  6. Can't get into my laptop because I can't set up a microsoft pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get into my laptop because I can't set up a microsoft pin: Hi, When I log in to my laptop it asks for my Microsoft account and I type in my email and password click enter and then a box and a message pops up saying:Create a PIN What takes seconds to create and gives you fast and secure sign-in? A Windows Hello PIN! It only works on...
  7. Getting blocked by family settings

Getting blocked by family settings: Earlier this week I went to access nexus mods, (which I have used before) however I keep getting a Microsoft screen saying 'Ask for Permission, you'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can visit.' [ATTACH] I went to account settings and was apparently in a family...
  8. Random logouts because of family settings

Random logouts because of family settings: When I use my account that has family settings on, I will always get logged out after using my user for about 5-10 minutes, and I will have to always log back in and continue what I'm doing. I won't be logged out again after the first time, but it gets annoying. I tried...
  9. I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on...: Was on Verizon email. I migrated to aol still using my Verizon.net email address. I bought a new computer and can't send email. I was able to receive email by using imap.aol.com but nothing I have tried works for outgoing mail. I have tried every variation of smtp.verizon.net...
  10. I can't get into settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't get into settings.: When I click on the windows icon, nothing happens. If I right click, I get the menu. When I click on "Settings", I get the settings logo for about 3 seconds, then it closes. I can't get into settings....