Windows 10: I can't get into Windows after update 2004. What to do?

Discus and support I can't get into Windows after update 2004. What to do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just installed the May update. After I installed it, I rebooted my PC and then I got this: "Reebot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kickboard, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Kickboard Win User

I can't get into Windows after update 2004. What to do?

I just installed the May update. After I installed it, I rebooted my PC and then I got this: "Reebot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a Key". Can I fix the error? I have 2 hard drives and I got the same message on both.

:)

Kickboard, Aug 1, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 1, 2020
  3. What PSU should i get?

I find NO specs on the psu you listed, not the one ktr listed, ktr also suggested i get the mushkin psu!

freaksavior, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

I presume the total absence of any tiles is your personal choice, as is removing the Search, Cortana and TaskView icons from the task bar. Seems you are a minimalist. Not my style, but I'll respect your choice.

You link definitely shows the Start, there's no doubt because on the left it includes the power button, a user icon, etc. but it doesn't show the All apps list as your 1909 screenshot does. This lack of an All apps list in your 2004 could be explained by turning off 'Show apps list in Start menu' in Personalization > Start. But that is not the case in your link, if it were there would be three icons at the top left of Start (the 3rd will show the All apps list). But yours has just the one icon, meaning that the All apps list should be displayed already. Here I show how that looks in 2004, first without the All apps list, them with.

I can't get into Windows after update 2004. What to do? [​IMG]

What appear to be happening is that Search that is appearing on the Start menu on top of the All apps list. Now there is no setting provided by MS to make Search appear on Start, but there is in third-part apps such as Classic Shell or Open Shell. Do you have one of those installed?

Whatever the problem is, it is definitely this Search box (minimalist again, everything turned off except Top apps) you are seeing as a part of Start. How it got put there seems unique to your system, but it's not any setting MS offers (or would have changed in the 2004 upgrade) that has done this.

Bree, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't get into Windows after update 2004. What to do? - Similar Threads - can't update 2004

2. Still can't get the Windows 10 2004 Update!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still can't get the Windows 10 2004 Update!: Dear Microsoft, I am one of those waiting for the Windows 10 2004 update. I can't get it because of the Conexant Audio issue. Now, it's nearly a year on and it's not been fixed. I'm a developer since Windows was born that needs to keep up to date with the latest. So,...
  3. I can't install Windows 2004/20H2 no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't install Windows 2004/20H2 no matter what I do: For months now, my update history log has been filled with "Failed to install [date]" I seem to be stuck on Windows 1909. I've tried using the Windows Update Assistant and deleting the SoftwareDistribution/catroot2 folders and re-installing. Both failed. Only thing I didn't...
  4. What exactly will I get if I update to Windows 10, version 2004?

What exactly will I get if I update to Windows 10, version 2004?: I did this once on my older machine and then it could no longer recognize my 5G network. So I'm a little leery. Plus is literally not one word on why I would update to this version, what its features are, etc....
  5. I just can't seem to get the 2004 update

I just can't seem to get the 2004 update: For the past two months, I've been trying to get this update. I have the option to download and install. But it's like getting stuck between downloading and installing. Today, it got stuck to 94% installing then went back to downloading :') I left it running for HOURS....
  6. Can't update after 2004 update

Can't update after 2004 update: I have followed several different sets of instructions and twice ended up wiping my system clean. After each wipe, I install the latest version of windows 2004. A few days later, I check for updates and get the error message 0x80070424. Also, when I check my start/stop...
  7. Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update.: After 2004 update I can't open Windows Security. When I click Windows Security, system show message "We’re updating Windows Security. It should be ready to use again shortly." I try click from Settings, from Start Menu, from Tray - it doesn't work.[ATTACH]...
  8. Sill can't get May 2004 Update...

Sill can't get May 2004 Update...: i can't get the new May 2004 update, first i had the notice that it said it wasn't ready for my pc yet, i figured ok i can wait and now that notice is gone and i still can't get the update... what can i do? submitted by /u/robot2642 [link] [comments]...
  9. What happens if i do a fresh install of update 2004? in terms of updates

What happens if i do a fresh install of update 2004? in terms of updates: I downloaded the iso (19041.264) I want to reinstall using that, but dont want to be an insider. How does that work? Can i reinstall using that and just still be in the standard update ring? Also any "official" links to the 2004 iso? cheers submitted by /u/IceKK [link]...
  10. What do I do to get rid of these updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What do I do to get rid of these updates: I freshly installed a Windows 10 Enterprise OS in my desktop and am having problems with the Intel MEI and NVIDIA Graphics Card driver that are available from Windows Updates. Here are the things that I did (in chronological order): 1.) Install Windows 10 Enterprise fresh....