Windows 10: i can't get login after enabling safe boot

Discus and support i can't get login after enabling safe boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i got used laptop about five months ago hp omen x,i forgot my password but i do remember my pin.i don't know why some times my laptop start making some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Usman Malick, Sep 12, 2019.

1. i can't get login after enabling safe boot

i got used laptop about five months ago hp omen x,i forgot my password but i do remember my pin.i don't know why some times my laptop start making some bad sound and get freezes.i searched on internet for solution and i followed some steps.
    i get into tab ; run => msconfig => boot => and enabled safe mode and select minimal,after that laptop restarts.and the option of sign in through pin is gone also there is no forgot password option is showing.please help me out i am student and i am working on my last year projects and i have lots of important data in my storage.

:)

Usman Malick, Sep 12, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 12, 2019
  4. i can't get login after enabling safe boot

Resolving login issues

If your device doesn't run in safe mode, the next step that we suggest is to run a repair using a boot media. Here are the steps:

• Restart your device.
    • Upon start up, keep on pressing F12 to check if your device respond to BIOS.
    • Once you've accessed the BIOS setup screen, follow the step-by-step guide on Yashwanth Kotakuri's

on how to repair start up using a boot media for Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance with the repair.

Darwin Dim, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

i can't get login after enabling safe boot

1. i can't get login after enabling safe boot - Similar Threads - can't login enabling

2. Is it safe to enable Secure Boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to enable Secure Boot?: About to enable Secure Boot on my PC but I have many thoughts about it. Like, is it going to affect my data or my hardware components? Does it have any relationship to TPM, BitLocker, Windows Hello, and firmware updates like Intel ME firmware updates? Will enabling Secure...
  3. Is it safe to enable Secure Boot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to enable Secure Boot?: About to enable Secure Boot on my PC but I have many thoughts about it. Like, is it going to affect my data or my hardware components? Does it have any relationship to TPM, BitLocker, Windows Hello, and firmware updates like Intel ME firmware updates? Will enabling Secure...
  4. Is it safe to enable Secure Boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cant login or reset after enabling safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login or reset after enabling safe mode: Hello. Today I tried getting rid of an .ogg file. I looked up how to do so, and followed a guide saying you had to enable safe boot, restart your pc, delete the file, and then disable safe boot. Heres the problem: I turned on safe boot and restarted my computer, but I was...
  6. Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...: Hello, i needed to boot my notebook ( windows 10) in safemode so i chanced my booting preferences in msconfig to safe boot. I did this procedure many many times in the past. Once restarted, my correct password was not recognised as correct and i am now locked out without...
  7. Can't login to desktop after booting into safe mode without networking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to desktop after booting into safe mode without networking: Hello, I have a bit of problem and would appreciate help. I booted into safe mode without networking and now i can't login, I am stuck here, I already tried Shift and restart>Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Startup settings and then i press restart then f5/5 to enable safe...
  8. Safe mode unavailable after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode unavailable after enabling secure boot: Hello, I've installed Win10 without UEFI/secure boot (a classic MBR drive with NTFS), a few days ago I used mbr2gpt to convert the system drive to GPT and then enabled UEFI and Secure Boot by enrolling the EFI keys from bootx64.efi in my BIOS. From that point I've lost the...
  9. After enabling Microsoft login, can't start task/service on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    After enabling Microsoft login, can't start task/service on boot: I've got a startup script to spin up my VMware server, as soon as the computer boots (not user login). Set this up in Task Scheduler, it worked great. With my local user account, not linked to Microsoft at all. Due to Microsoft's Store, or my own fat fingers, I'm now...
  10. Login screen doesn't load, can't get computer to boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen doesn't load, can't get computer to boot in safe mode: Hello all, This morning when I booted up my HP Pavilion, my taskbar, windows button, Cortana, etc wouldn't respond. This has happened periodically since upgrading to Windows 10, but it hast happened for a while. The way I used to fix it was to open the system configuration...