Windows 10: I can't get Monitors 2 and 3 to display.

Discus and support I can't get Monitors 2 and 3 to display. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Under Advanced Display Settings, I get a message that says, "Display 2 isn't active". How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MWillis23, Feb 2, 2021.

1. MWillis23 Win User

I can't get Monitors 2 and 3 to display.

Under Advanced Display Settings, I get a message that says, "Display 2 isn't active". How do I fix this?

:)

MWillis23, Feb 2, 2021
  2. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Feb 2, 2021
  3. I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3

Display settings are showing 3 monitors when I only have 2. This was not a problem till I updated my Nvidia drivers now the screen that apps open on is the one I cant see. (I had to disconnect the 2nd Monitor to cet to chrome to write this and display tells
    me I have 2 screens but I don't)

I rolled back the drivers but no joy - Next step I suppose is to Uninstall the video card and reboot to reinstall

DaveSeymour1, Feb 2, 2021
  4. I can't get Monitors 2 and 3 to display.

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

I can't get Monitors 2 and 3 to display.

1. I can't get Monitors 2 and 3 to display. - Similar Threads - can't Monitors display

2. Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?: I have 3 displays and I would like to be able to extend Display 1 to Display 2 and mirror what is on Display 2 on Display 3. Can I do this?I need this to see the slides on a screen and the slideshow on another screen and on a projector....
  3. Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?: I have 3 displays and I would like to be able to extend Display 1 to Display 2 and mirror what is on Display 2 on Display 3. Can I do this?I need this to see the slides on a screen and the slideshow on another screen and on a projector....
  4. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected: I bought a dual HDMI splitter I have 3 monitors laptop including as 1 monitor when I select settings to the multiple displays, the computer only recognizes 2 monitors. it then proceeds to have my two screen monitors mirror each other while having my lapton monitor screen as...
  5. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected: I bought a dual HDMI splitter I have 3 monitors laptop including as 1 monitor when I select settings to the multiple displays, the computer only recognizes 2 monitors. it then proceeds to have my two screen monitors mirror each other while having my lapton monitor screen as...
  6. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 3 Monitors display resolution

3 Monitors display resolution: I am running two large high resolution monitors off may laptop as the primary computer but I can't get both large monitors to use their high resolution settings. One large monitor will accept the high resolution but the other large monitor will only allow for the 1440 x 576...
  8. 3 Monitors + Laptop Display

3 Monitors + Laptop Display: Hi,I have 3 Dell monitors and a Dell Laptop all connected via a Dell Hub. I am able to connect to all 3 displays. However one of them is locked to a 640x480 Resolution. I dont mind this however, I want to change which display is locked to that resolution. Currently my display...
  9. 3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds: I have a 3 monitor configuration, 2 large side-by-side with a smaller touchscreen below. I would like to span 1 background across the 2 monitors that are side by side and have a separate background for the 3rd monitor. Is this possible in Windows 10? Spanning puts the 1...
  10. I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3: Display settings are showing 3 monitors when I only have 2. This was not a problem till I updated my Nvidia drivers now the screen that apps open on is the one I cant see. (I had to disconnect the 2nd Monitor to get to chrome to write this and display tells me I have 2...