Windows 10: I can't get my audio 5.1 to work

Discus and support I can't get my audio 5.1 to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've updated the driver but when i go to configure speakers it only has the stereo option available.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by andon grieve-mcsweeney, Mar 26, 2021.

1. I can't get my audio 5.1 to work

I've updated the driver but when i go to configure speakers it only has the stereo option available.

:)

andon grieve-mcsweeney, Mar 26, 2021

2. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Audio Not Working after numerous fixes...

Hi there J, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I can suggest is DELETE completely all the Audio drivers listed in the device manager.

There should be a small box that you can tick to delete completely the Audio driver.

And make sure you remove all audio devices listed.

Here is how to do it

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

FerdinandNanalig, Mar 26, 2021
  4. I can't get my audio 5.1 to work

Audio not working! Need Help!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to go to the below link, select appropriate Windows operating system and download the audio driver and install same.

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/580/0/5/0gOdr7OTSYtNTbh2/45/

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

I can't get my audio 5.1 to work

1. I can't get my audio 5.1 to work - Similar Threads - can't audio

2. Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...: Hello, my Asus TUF A152022 Laptop came with a Licensed Dolby Atmos and was running fine for a few months until I downloaded Driver Booster 11 which was a Windows 11 Driver Updater and I started updating everything that the app suggested and noticed that my Dolby Spatial Sound...
  3. Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...: Hello, my Asus TUF A152022 Laptop came with a Licensed Dolby Atmos and was running fine for a few months until I downloaded Driver Booster 11 which was a Windows 11 Driver Updater and I started updating everything that the app suggested and noticed that my Dolby Spatial Sound...
  4. Can't install realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install realtek audio driver: When i install realtek audio driver, it will not show itself in the device manager, so i can't use in-ear headset. I have windows 11 My motherboard is - TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI....
  5. Can't install realtek audio driver

Can't install realtek audio driver: When i install realtek audio driver, it will not show itself in the device manager, so i can't use in-ear headset. I have windows 11 My motherboard is - TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI....
  6. Realtek Audio Console can't download on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Console can't download on windows 10 pro: I can't install Realtek Audio Console on my PC. This is very important for me, before i use it but this time after giving my windows 10 pro i cant download this. Please somebody help me....
  7. Realtek Audio Console can't download on windows 10 pro

Realtek Audio Console can't download on windows 10 pro: I can't install Realtek Audio Console on my PC. This is very important for me, before i use it but this time after giving my windows 10 pro i cant download this. Please somebody help me....
  8. Realtek Audio Console can't download on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Can't download Audio Input and Output Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Audio Input and Output Drivers: I'm trying to download new Audio Input/Output drivers on my laptop because I don't have any speakers downloaded currently, but the category for "Audio inputs and outputs" isn't coming up in my device manager, probably because i don't have any installed, even though i have...
  10. Can't download Audio Input and Output Drivers

Can't download Audio Input and Output Drivers: I'm trying to download new Audio Input/Output drivers on my laptop because I don't have any speakers downloaded currently, but the category for "Audio inputs and outputs" isn't coming up in my device manager, probably because i don't have any installed, even though i have...