Windows 10: I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

Discus and support I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelGB51, Apr 21, 2024.

1. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I force it to require a log in every time whether it is starting up or leaving sleep? I want this for security reasons so that if anyone gains access to the computer it won't log on automatically for them. On other computers I have it set up that way, but I can't find a way to do it on this computer. Using the PIN option is quic

:)

MichaelGB51, Apr 21, 2024

2. Remove sign on requirement at start up (Windows 10)

For some reason, maybe signing into shop, Windows 10 now wants me to sign in on starting the computer. This is very inconvenient to the family members who share this computer. I want to load straight into the desktop page.

I tried 2 suggested solutions (applicable to other versions)

1. I went into sign in options and chose 'never' for require sign in. However there is no apply button and when I restarted, the computer still wanted my password.

2. I went into change password. The hint suggested if I left new password blank, it would remove the password requirement. However the operation demanded a new password and would not move onto finish.

How do you remove the start up password requirement from Windows 10?

TonyFrazer, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Sign-in options: Require sign-in "When PC wakes up from sleep" missing

I suppose you could manually lock (Win+L) the computer before stepping away from it as a workaround to be able to have the time wanted to turn the display back on without require sign-in.

Brink, Apr 21, 2024
  4. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

1. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts. - Similar Threads - can't computer require

2. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...
  3. Remove sign in every time I start my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove sign in every time I start my computer: How can I remove every sign in option like PIN sign in and password every time I start my computer. I just want to use my computer with no sign in, lock screen what so ever...
  4. Remove sign in every time I start my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove sign in every time I start my computer: How can I remove every sign in option like PIN sign in and password every time I start my computer. I just want to use my computer with no sign in, lock screen what so ever...
  5. Remove sign in every time I start my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer sign on each day

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer sign on each day: Is there a way to eliminate the unsolicited display of pictures, stories, etc. each day when I sign on to my computer. When I sign on I would like to go directly to my desktop and not to the unsolicited information. The information is often opinionated and I would rather not...
  7. Each time I turn on my computer I get a "System fille .dll" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Each time I turn on my computer I get a "System fille .dll" error: It's a couple of days that every time I turn on my computer an error message appears that says "You are attempting to open a file of type System file .dll", and them asks me to "Show apps". As far as I know, I didn't do anything to produce this automatic message and I don't...
  8. Password required at each sign in.

Password required at each sign in.: How can I bypass requirements of entering password with each start up of the computer. Netplwiz no longer shows [ ] box to untick to disallow other persons signing in....
  9. Computer requires sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer requires sign in?: My computer started asking for a password, although it's set to never. Also it created an account from my administrative account, and just entered a partial email address. How do I remove the requirement for a password, (it's still set to never), and how do I delete the ghost...
  10. how can I avoid signing in each time

how can I avoid signing in each time: how can I avoid signing in each time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-can-i-avoid-signing-in-each-time/0f124467-cb76-4e5a-9d1e-836146a8759b