Windows 10: I can't get my external monitor to work.

Discus and support I can't get my external monitor to work. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I am running a fresh windows 11 installation with the nvidia-driver 531.29 and my external monitor is black and I can't get it to work.I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by En3rg1 POURCENOUX, Mar 19, 2023.

1. I can't get my external monitor to work.

Hello,I am running a fresh windows 11 installation with the nvidia-driver 531.29 and my external monitor is black and I can't get it to work.I tried all this Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support already but the link next to "more info" is actually the same page and what I founf on forums did not work. I do not really know where to look anymore.Can I get some help please?

:)

En3rg1 POURCENOUX, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

Redirecting

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Mar 20, 2023
  4. I can't get my external monitor to work.

Windows 10 External Monitor only :: How to set Portrait orientation?

Thanks Elise,

I surmise the need for step recorder is not common enough to justify enabling the option for Intel driver.

Screen Capture Mouse Cursor position on External Monitor is why I create this post.

When it cannot capture Mouse Position, I use Steps Recorder but it records both Displays...

My Screen Capture is used for following:

1. Power Automate Cloud
    2. Office 365
    3. communicate to Tech Support
    Hoping Microsoft would add features to next version of

1. Step Recorder
    2. Snip App(s)
    3. Windows Display setting
    Assuming most users like me need

1. Mouse cursor position captured by Snip App(s)
    2. External monitor, when used, is often
      1. to extend Display
      2. used for important task(s)
      3. App such as Office is on External Display
      4. Laptop monitor for secondary task(s)
      5. Step Recorder is to demo use of Single App, therefore External Monitor
      6. Portrait oriented for capturing web pages like Power Automate
    Kind Regards,

panes-rubrics.0l_icloud.com, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

I can't get my external monitor to work.

1. I can't get my external monitor to work. - Similar Threads - can't external monitor

2. Why can't I connect an external monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I connect an external monitor?: When I go to connect my external monitor to my laptop, it doesn't connect. The monitor shows up in the device manager but is not detected when I go to set it up within the settings. After looking at the event viewer, it shows that there is a warning from Kernel-pnp Event ID...
  3. Why can't I connect an external monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I connect an external monitor?: When I go to connect my external monitor to my laptop, it doesn't connect. The monitor shows up in the device manager but is not detected when I go to set it up within the settings. After looking at the event viewer, it shows that there is a warning from Kernel-pnp Event ID...
  4. Why can't I connect an external monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I can't get my external monitor to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my external monitor to work.: Hello,I am running a fresh windows 11 installation with the nvidia-driver 531.29 and my external monitor is black and I can't get it to work.I tried all this Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support already but the link next to "more info" is...
  6. External monitors don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitors don't work: Booting after the windows updates the monitors from the hub worked for 10sec and then no signal.They are showing up in the displays:I already tried to 'Extend the display' but does nothing:I tried the hub in my desktop and it worked with the displays.How can I solve this?...
  7. External monitors don't work

External monitors don't work: Booting after the windows updates the monitors from the hub worked for 10sec and then no signal.They are showing up in the displays:I already tried to 'Extend the display' but does nothing:I tried the hub in my desktop and it worked with the displays.How can I solve this?...
  8. Can't change brightness of my Work External Monitor. I have a Surface Pro.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change brightness of my Work External Monitor. I have a Surface Pro.: Hey everyone I just got a new external monitor from work, it looks like they just gave me any random monitor. It is a Dell P2210, but I have a Surface Pro, and I tried changing the brightness and nothing work, I tried updating drivers, nothing, changing the drivers, and still...
  9. I can't get my external DVD-RW to work.

I can't get my external DVD-RW to work.: My computer is an HP running Windows 10. It sees the drive and has the necessary drivers, but I can't get it to work. Does it have to do with a source of power? It should be coming through with the USB port....
  10. I can't get my monitor working right

I can't get my monitor working right: I bought an Asus X550CA used, the monitor it shows in my device manager says Generic PnP I have tried to update the driver but it only gives a driver for generic PnP. I am supposed to have touch screen capability but I can't use it because the controls aren't there for it...