Windows 10: I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

Discus and support I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to get my 3gbps to work properly. I upgraded my internet from 1.5 gbps to 3.0 and am only getting 1.7 gbps? I cant for the life of me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tonoth2.5, Apr 21, 2024.

1. tonoth2.5 Win User

I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

I am trying to get my 3gbps to work properly. I upgraded my internet from 1.5 gbps to 3.0 and am only getting 1.7 gbps? I cant for the life of me figure out the issue

:)

tonoth2.5, Apr 21, 2024
  2. Franco22 Win User

Network speed test not showing history or upload speed Windows 10

I just downloaded Network Speed Test from the MS Store but it shows only the download speed. It doesn't show the upload speed nor the history. Any suggestions, anyone?

Franco22, Apr 21, 2024
  3. DonaldW Win User
    Sudden large disparity between download & upload speeds.

(First post: Win 10 1809) Hello. I have encountered what seems to me to be a strange phenomenon: Recently upgraded to "1000 Mbps" fiber internet provider. Initial speeds for both download and upload speeds spread across the 900's, with upload speeds consistently a bit higher than download speeds. Yesterday one desktop seemed to have internet connectivity issues. I noted that the desktops Ethernet connection had for some reason adopted the name of one of our wireless routers: What had been "Network 2" was now "(SSID) 2".

This Dell XPS desktop (Win 10 Pro 64b, Version 1809) has both wired and wireless network connections, with the later used to connect to various peripherals. When I checked into Speedtest.net, Download speeds remained in the 900's, but upload speeds dropped below 50 Mbps. I went though various network troubleshooting steps and a number of restarts, this disparity persisted. Other than the lack of a name change to wired network connection, this disparity was also obtained on another desktop on the same network. However, speed checks on iOS tablet reveled no disparity whatsoever, suggesting that the phenomenon is limited to Windows machines.

Given my naive and limited understanding of Windows networking, I was hoping someone might help me to better understand the issue and, perhaps, suggest a fix.

DonaldW, Apr 21, 2024
  4. I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

1. I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok - Similar Threads - cant full network

2. I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok: I am trying to get my 3gbps to work properly. I upgraded my internet from 1.5 gbps to 3.0 and am only getting 1.7 gbps? I cant for the life of me figure out the issue...
  3. I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok: I am trying to get my 3gbps to work properly. I upgraded my internet from 1.5 gbps to 3.0 and am only getting 1.7 gbps? I cant for the life of me figure out the issue...
  4. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  5. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  6. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low download speed , high upload speed: Hello guys , I recently started having this issue where my download speed will drop around 1 to 3 mbps , whilst my upload speed would keep its average flow of around 90 mbps , like a week ago everything was fine , but suddenly my download speed , from around 80 90 mbps won't...
  7. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low download speed , high upload speed: Hello guys , I recently started having this issue where my download speed will drop around 1 to 3 mbps , whilst my upload speed would keep its average flow of around 90 mbps , like a week ago everything was fine , but suddenly my download speed , from around 80 90 mbps won't...
  8. Low download speed , high upload speed

9. Download speed slower than upload speed

Download speed slower than upload speed: My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan. This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi. I have changed the...
  10. Upload speed is greater than Download speed

Upload speed is greater than Download speed: Hey guys, If upload speed is greater than Download speed is it okay or I should contact network provider to fix parameters ? [ATTACH] Regards. 120739