Windows 10: I can't get my monitor working right

Discus and support I can't get my monitor working right in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought an Asus X550CA used, the monitor it shows in my device manager says Generic PnP I have tried to update the driver but it only gives a driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KristieLedbetter, Mar 27, 2020.

1. I can't get my monitor working right

I bought an Asus X550CA used, the monitor it shows in my device manager says Generic PnP I have tried to update the driver but it only gives a driver for generic PnP. I am supposed to have touch screen capability but I can't use it because the controls aren't there for it since it shows a generic monitor. the laptop has windows 10 home on it but the sticker on the back says windows 8. i'm guessing someone upgraded it. can anyone help me to figure out how to get it working right?

:)

KristieLedbetter, Mar 27, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Mar 27, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I can't get my monitor working right :cool:

jmcslob, Mar 27, 2020
  4. I can't get my monitor working right

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

I can't get my monitor working right

1. I can't get my monitor working right - Similar Threads - can't monitor working

2. I can't get my external monitor to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my external monitor to work.: Hello,I am running a fresh windows 11 installation with the nvidia-driver 531.29 and my external monitor is black and I can't get it to work.I tried all this Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support already but the link next to "more info" is...
  3. I can't get my external monitor to work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get my external monitor to work.: Hello,I am running a fresh windows 11 installation with the nvidia-driver 531.29 and my external monitor is black and I can't get it to work.I tried all this Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support already but the link next to "more info" is...
  4. I can't get my camera to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my camera to work.: I've updated to Windows 11, I updated the driver, Ive reset, disabled and enabled, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've troubleshot, nothing seem to be working. Please help!!! Whatelse can I do?...
  5. I can't get my camera to work.

I can't get my camera to work.: I've updated to Windows 11, I updated the driver, Ive reset, disabled and enabled, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've troubleshot, nothing seem to be working. Please help!!! Whatelse can I do?...
  6. Can't Get Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Get Admin Rights: I created a local account admin and guest account on my windows 8.1, and then I made that new local account administrator and myself became standard user. NOW, when I start my computer and come to the sign-in screen, the local admin account shows but when I type in the...
  7. Can't Get Admin Rights

Can't Get Admin Rights: I created a local account admin and guest account on my windows 8.1, and then I made that new local account administrator and myself became standard user. NOW, when I start my computer and come to the sign-in screen, the local admin account shows but when I type in the...
  8. Can't Get Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can't Get Admin Rights

10. I can't get my microphone to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't get my microphone to work: I got an Acer Aspire yesterday that runs Windows 10 Home, and the mic inside the laptop is not working. I'm not that good with tech stuff so sorry in advance. Cortana couldn't hear me and when I tried to troubleshoot the problem, it kept saying it would test the mic by asking...