Windows 10: I can't get my newly added printer to talk to my computer?

Discus and support I can't get my newly added printer to talk to my computer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I added my new printer and the printer icon won't light up so I can add it as a default printer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AliceIverson, Jul 25, 2019.

1. I can't get my newly added printer to talk to my computer?

I added my new printer and the printer icon won't light up so I can add it as a default printer?

:)

AliceIverson, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Newly added tutorials

I can't get my newly added printer to talk to my computer? infosmall10.png
    Information The Tutorial Index gives you a master list of all tutorials here at Ten Forums in alphabetical order to help find a tutorial.

However, there are constantly new tutorials being added all the time that may get buried in the Tutorials section behind new replies in existing tutorials.

This thread will provide a list of newly added tutorials each month for quick reference. You can also subscribe to this thread to be alerted when new months of tutorials are posted.

New Tutorials by Month for 2016:

New Tutorials by Month for 2017:

New Tutorials by Month for 2018:

Brink, Jul 25, 2019
  3. JohnD Win User
    Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

I can't get my newly added printer to talk to my computer? [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Jul 25, 2019
  4. I can't get my newly added printer to talk to my computer?

Printer not being added

Hello,

If you're unable to connect to your printer or print in Windows 10, we recommend following the steps in this
    article to try and fix the problem. Since you keep on getting the "Windows doesn't has a network
    profile for this device
    " error, we also suggest installing the driver for your printer. You can follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X > Device Manager.
    2. Click the drop-down menu for Printers > right-click on your printer's name > Properties.
    3. Go to Driver tab > Install > OK.
    4. Restart your computer after doing these steps.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Michelle Vil, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

I can't get my newly added printer to talk to my computer?

1. I can't get my newly added printer to talk to my computer? - Similar Threads - can't newly added

2. I can't get into my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't get into my computer: I can't get into my computer when I turn it on it once a pin number says the pin number is not correct password not correct it wants to text it to an old phone number and then I cannot get into my Microsoft account It also says that I have an outlook Darcy *** Email address...
  3. I can't get into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get into my computer: I can't get into my computer when I turn it on it once a pin number says the pin number is not correct password not correct it wants to text it to an old phone number and then I cannot get into my Microsoft account It also says that I have an outlook Darcy *** Email address...
  4. I can't get into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't get into my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't get into my computer: I can't get into my computer - I can get to the Choose an Option page. I to to Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then System Restore but at that point I get this message: You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on...
  6. Adding my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding my printer: How can I install my wireless kodak verite printer on my new laptop just purchased with Windows 10s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-my-printer/56b25a81-d345-4ff2-bb50-5f576f57dc69
  7. Newly added printers no longer showing in Devices and Printers or Printers and Scanners(Win...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Newly added printers no longer showing in Devices and Printers or Printers and Scanners(Win...: Hello, I work at an MSP and we have several companies with the same issue; I was the first to notice it here about 3-4 weeks ago. For context I have observed this issue in 8, 10(Build 1803, 1809 and 1903). You can see the printers if you go to the classic printers view. As a...
  8. PRINTER & COMPUTER NOT TALKING/PRINTER LOCKED 'OFFLINE'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PRINTER & COMPUTER NOT TALKING/PRINTER LOCKED 'OFFLINE': I am over 21--in fact, 60 years over age 21, so I am congenitally incapable of dealing with cyberspeak and strings of letters that you youngsters yawn thru but are a foreign language to me, so if you are kind enough to respond, please talk to me at the appropriate...
  9. Cannot get my computers to talk to one another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get my computers to talk to one another?: I have an ACER predator desk top, (Computer "A") and an ACER laptop (Computer "B"). on computer "A" I was able to set up a connection to "B", but I cannot copy, move, or even save anything to "B" from "A". keeps telling me I lack admin privileges. On Computer "B" It...
  10. I can't get my printer back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't get my printer back.: So here is the story when i had win 8.1 i was connected threw my daughters vista business computer VIA home network for the printer, ever since upgrading to windows 10 i can't get back to it how can i connect back threw her pc so i can again have my printer??. Also for some...