Windows 10: I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible

Discus and support I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; help me I can't get my touch screen off and my physical keyboard to work instead. what do I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Clare1218-Wms, Feb 12, 2022.

1. I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible

help me I can't get my touch screen off and my physical keyboard to work instead. what do I do

:)

Clare1218-Wms, Feb 12, 2022

2. The Windows 10 Touch Keyboard is not using the Standard Keyboard Layout after upgrading to 1709 - How to fix this?

Reading everything, I found following solution:

- combination language NL and keyboard US (standard, not international) gives as result:

• keyboard options working: Standard keyboard, little, position, pencil
    • text suggestion working
    - combination language with different keyboard (US International, RU, etc.) gives as result:

• keyboard options working: little, position, pencil. Not working (grey): Standard keyboard
    • text suggestions working
    When you want use the combination: a different language + keyboard not US standard + standard keyboard, you need
    copied the following directories using command prompt from windows:

• "C:\Windows.old\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink" to -> "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink"
    • "C:\Windows.old\‏‏Program Files (x86)‎\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink" to -> "C:\‏‏Program Files (x86)‎\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink"
    Keyboard is changed by:

• settings touch keyboard>language>select language>options
    • Control panel>Language

In general:

• touchscreen keyboard acts a little bit slower, but for me acceptable
    • swiping does not work?
    • Better solution? Setting is more easy, but the functionality is less. I hope that Microsoft will improve the touch keyboard in the future...

GijsRoeloffzen, Feb 12, 2022
  3. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Feb 12, 2022
  4. I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible

Mouse, keyboard, and touch screen suddenly not working

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the mouse, keyboard, touchscreen on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any hardware/ software changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to access the device using external mouse and keyboard (Confirm to us)?
    • Are you able to boot the device to Safe mode with Networking?

If you are able to access the desktop using external mouse and keyboard, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the drivers and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 12, 2022
Thema:

I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible

1. I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible - Similar Threads - can't physical standard

2. My physical and screen keyboard are not working…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My physical and screen keyboard are not working…: I woke up and randomly my physical and screen keyboard both stopped working, whenever I try to type something a random page opens, I tried everything I could find online for the past 2 hours and nothing worked. Please help...
  3. My physical and screen keyboard are not working…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My physical and screen keyboard are not working…: I woke up and randomly my physical and screen keyboard both stopped working, whenever I try to type something a random page opens, I tried everything I could find online for the past 2 hours and nothing worked. Please help...
  4. I can't get my touch screen to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my touch screen to work.: I Just did a reset of Windows 10, and I can't get my touch screen to work. I've been trying to get this issue sorted out for 3 days now and even after installing the drivers from Lenovo the issue hasn't been fixed.My computer is a Lenovo ThinkPad 11e Yoga.Hardware...
  5. I can't get my touch screen to work.

I can't get my touch screen to work.: I Just did a reset of Windows 10, and I can't get my touch screen to work. I've been trying to get this issue sorted out for 3 days now and even after installing the drivers from Lenovo the issue hasn't been fixed.My computer is a Lenovo ThinkPad 11e Yoga.Hardware...
  6. I can't get my touch screen to work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...: My laptop name is iball compbook i360 Serial no. 1700223002279 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-physical-keyboard-is-not-workingonly-touch/f0588b4d-a932-4d9e-93a6-6eb9d797cb73
  8. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...: My laptop name is iball compbook i360 Serial no. 1700223002279 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-physical-keyboard-is-not-workingonly-touch/f0588b4d-a932-4d9e-93a6-6eb9d797cb73
  9. My physical keyboard is not working...Only touch screen keyboard is working...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible

I can't get my physical or standard keyboard to work. only the touch screen is accessible: help me I can't get my touch screen off and my physical keyboard to work instead. what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-physical-or-standard-keyboard-to/fa479784-9c6c-4c42-b31c-26de9713b267