Windows 10: I cant get my windows to activate, also cant get SLUI 4 to run

Discus and support I cant get my windows to activate, also cant get SLUI 4 to run in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I used a program that reset my hwid, it broke my windows activation. I get these error codes whenever I try to activate/troubleshoot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by iInferno155, Aug 22, 2021.

1. I cant get my windows to activate, also cant get SLUI 4 to run

So I used a program that reset my hwid, it broke my windows activation. I get these error codes whenever I try to activate/troubleshoot.

:)

iInferno155, Aug 22, 2021

2. SLUI 4 not able to run

So I'm currently trying to activate my copy of windows after a hardware update (including motherboard). When I use the activation troubleshooter then select changed hardware it lets me correctly select this computer, but then says "unable to activate windows.
    We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. " I have tried this at a few different times over the past few days in case the "try again later" was actually accurate, but always got the same message.

I tried calling support and they told me to run "SLUI 4", however that doesn't run anything. No new process starts. They said to try SLUI 3, which just opens the activation settings page. Since SLUI 4 wouldn't work, support said there was nothing I can do
    to activate windows... Hopefully someone here can help?

Edit: After it fails to activate, the error code 0x803F7001 is displayed in the activation settings window.

CamronMcCormack, Aug 22, 2021
  3. Trying to run slui 4 but nothing pops up

tl;dr When I run "slui 4" nothing pops up. No activation window, no error message, nothing. How can I fix it, and what else should I try to reactivate Win10?

-----

A few months ago, my wife upgraded from (a valid, activated) Windows 7 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro N (still activated). This morning, we replaced her motherboard and processor, and now we can't reactivate Windows.

I spent about 2 hours with Marte D (Ting) using the online support chat and the LogMeIn remote assistance tool. He tried many things, but nothing worked.

We tried running "slui 3" and entering the Windows 7 Pro N product key, but that yields error 0x803f7001.

He generated not one, but two, new product keys for me, and also tried entering those into the "slui 3" window. They didn't work either.

He tried many "slmgr" commands, including /rearm, /dti, and /rpik, but none of those led to success either.

Why not use phone activation? I'd love to! But when I try to run "slui 4", nothing appears. No idea why. I've tried running it from a command prompt too, in hopes that an error would be printed to the console, but no luck; it just returns instantly.

Marte was very patient, but after 2 hours, threw in the towel. He suggested I call the pro support team, since they'd have better tools to help me, so I tried it. The woman that spoke to me suggested I try entering the Win 7 product key into "slui 3", so
    I tried again. Then she suggested I try "slui 4". When nothing popped up, she directed me to Microsoft's business support portal, and she rushed off the phone.

-----

What should I try next? I'm currently creating a Win 10 recovery drive, in hopes that it will repair my "slui" tool so that I can activate by phone, but would love any other suggestions you may have.

Thank you!

Erik

Erik Snider, Aug 22, 2021
  4. I cant get my windows to activate, also cant get SLUI 4 to run

Trying to run slui 4 but nothing pops up

@JoeNamco: adding .exe did not help. Capitalizing the program name did not help. In all cases, the Activation Wizard does not appear.

@Andre Da Costa: the very first step of that article says to run "slui.exe 4". As I explained, the slui tool is not working properly. When I try to run it, nothing happens; no window appears, no error appears, nothing.

Erik Snider, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

I cant get my windows to activate, also cant get SLUI 4 to run

1. I cant get my windows to activate, also cant get SLUI 4 to run - Similar Threads - cant activate cant

2. Cant get to run windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant get to run windows: My laptop shows no disk and usbs which can be fixed by turning on legacy boot but my laptop has integrated as well as dedicated graphics so when i turn on legacy boot it shows black screen only please help me this is my only laptop...
  3. Cant get to run windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant get to run windows: My laptop shows no disk and usbs which can be fixed by turning on legacy boot but my laptop has integrated as well as dedicated graphics so when i turn on legacy boot it shows black screen only please help me this is my only laptop...
  4. Cant get to run windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I cant get my windows 11 activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant get my windows 11 activation key: so recently i re-installed windows 11, but it says i need to activate my Windows 11 but i don't have the activation key since i just bought the pc from website ordered. and now i tried commands everything but i cant seem to get my key, now im stuck with the watermark and i...
  6. I cant get my windows 11 activation key

I cant get my windows 11 activation key: so recently i re-installed windows 11, but it says i need to activate my Windows 11 but i don't have the activation key since i just bought the pc from website ordered. and now i tried commands everything but i cant seem to get my key, now im stuck with the watermark and i...
  7. I cant move Forza Horizon 4 to D drive and get this error code 0x80070002 and I also cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant move Forza Horizon 4 to D drive and get this error code 0x80070002 and I also cant...: I am getting this error code whenever i try to set my new defualt location of apps or move a game like forza horizon 4 to my D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-move-forza-horizon-4-to-d-drive-and-get/47897681-bdbf-48b6-ab9e-65f2026dda50
  8. I cant move Forza Horizon 4 to D drive and get this error code 0x80070002 and I also cant...

I cant move Forza Horizon 4 to D drive and get this error code 0x80070002 and I also cant...: I am getting this error code whenever i try to set my new defualt location of apps or move a game like forza horizon 4 to my D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-move-forza-horizon-4-to-d-drive-and-get/47897681-bdbf-48b6-ab9e-65f2026dda50
  9. I cant get to my windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant get to my windows: Hi guys Please help me with my problem I installed phoenix os x86 in my pc with grub bootlloader using its iso file Now when i reboot my pc i can only see my phoenix os and windows dissapeared and unfortunatly i dont have any backup Can someone help me what should i do?...
  10. SLUI 4 not able to run

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SLUI 4 not able to run: So I'm currently trying to activate my copy of windows after a hardware update (including motherboard). When I use the activation troubleshooter then select changed hardware it lets me correctly select this computer, but then says "unable to activate windows. We can’t...