Windows 10: I can't get out of microsoft family

Discus and support I can't get out of microsoft family in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Microsoft family is bugging on my PC. I am not even in the family but it still has a lock and if I try to do something it says "error check wifi" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nimrod.t, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Nimrod.t Win User

I can't get out of microsoft family

Microsoft family is bugging on my PC. I am not even in the family but it still has a lock and if I try to do something it says "error check wifi" and in settitngs im not even logged into family but in the tray it shows a little family icon. "You will be locked at 22pm" or something like this. It even shuts down if I use it for a half an hour and I can't even log out or change my account anywhere even if I have time. It is really annoying, please help.

:)

Nimrod.t, Mar 4, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 4, 2022
  3. Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Mar 4, 2022
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Mar 4, 2022
Thema:

1. I can't get out of microsoft family - Similar Threads - can't microsoft family

2. How to really get out of microsoft family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to really get out of microsoft family group: Hello. we have a problem with microsoft family. I am a member i both me and my parents want me out of this group, because it does not work the way we want it to this is not the problem, i want no answer to that. The administrator has kicked me out of the group, and for her i...
  3. How to really get out of microsoft family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to really get out of microsoft family group: Hello. we have a problem with microsoft family. I am a member i both me and my parents want me out of this group, because it does not work the way we want it to this is not the problem, i want no answer to that. The administrator has kicked me out of the group, and for her i...
  4. How do I get out of the family group?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get out of the family group?: Hello My problem is that I don't come from the family group because the account that manages the group no longer gives access, the password can also not be reset because the email no longer exists...
  5. Can't get removed from a Microsoft Family group?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get removed from a Microsoft Family group?: I was trying to quit a microsoft family group, that was created back in 2020. We tried to remove me through the administrator's accou but appearently they weren't authorized to do so. Not only that, I can't even SIGN IN into the family program, so I can't even see if there's...
  6. I can't get out of microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't get out of microsoft family: Microsoft family is bugging on my PC. I am not even in the family but it still has a lock and if I try to do something it says "error check wifi" and in settitngs im not even logged into family but in the tray it shows a little family icon. "You will be locked at 22pm" or...
  7. I can't get out of microsoft family

I can't get out of microsoft family: Microsoft family is bugging on my PC. I am not even in the family but it still has a lock and if I try to do something it says "error check wifi" and in settitngs im not even logged into family but in the tray it shows a little family icon. "You will be locked at 22pm" or...
  8. I geniunly cant get out of my microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I geniunly cant get out of my microsoft family: I cant get out of the microsoft family, my adult has left the group but im still in it, i cannot remove myself. i cannot play many multiplayer games now. please get me out of this family group i dont want my computer to be cursed like this forever....
  9. I geniunly cant get out of my microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I geniunly cant get out of my microsoft family: I cant get out of the microsoft family, my adult has left the group but im still in it, i cannot remove myself. i cannot play many multiplayer games now. please get me out of this family group i dont want my computer to be cursed like this forever....
  10. I geniunly cant get out of my microsoft family