Windows 10: I can't get out of Windows 10 S mode

Discus and support I can't get out of Windows 10 S mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; A brief story: I have an Asus Model E203M, 32Gb eMMC, 4Gb RAM. After about 6 months use, I gave it to my daughter and after about 6 more months and a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by algova73, Oct 13, 2020.

1. algova73 Win User

I can't get out of Windows 10 S mode

A brief story: I have an Asus Model E203M, 32Gb eMMC, 4Gb RAM. After about 6 months use, I gave it to my daughter and after about 6 more months and a new MacBook, she gave it back to me. Here's my issue:

I cannot change Windows 10 S mode to Windows 10 anything else.

Before you suggest, YES! I have seen countless videos on YouTube and a have read a lot of threads about the topic BUT I do not have access to Command Prompt nor PowerShell. And the laptop does not recognize my USB to boot from and make a clean install.

In Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation -> I click on the Go to Store link and I get a message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link"

Please help!

:)

algova73, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't get out of Windows 10 S mode - Similar Threads - can't mode

2. Can't switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch out of S mode: I have been trying to switch out of S mode and have done everything I can find to get it to work, but nothing is working and I keep getting 'Try agin'. Please help...
  3. Can't switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't switch out of S mode: I have been trying to switch out of S mode and have done everything I can find to get it to work, but nothing is working and I keep getting 'Try agin'. Please help...
  4. What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?: Extremely disappointed I am unable to use my cloud apps on the laptop I purchased along with apps I purchased that prior to updates I opened and used daily. What was the point? Before opening my apps were easy…. now can't open an app with out a message that talks about MS...
  5. What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?: Extremely disappointed I am unable to use my cloud apps on the laptop I purchased along with apps I purchased that prior to updates I opened and used daily. What was the point? Before opening my apps were easy…. now can't open an app with out a message that talks about MS...
  6. What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

7. Can't start recovery mode on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start recovery mode on PC: I'm not able to click on the "start recovery" button.Can someone please help? :Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-recovery-mode-on-pc/77abdd32-347e-4319-867b-684acbbd75da
  8. Can't start recovery mode on PC

Can't start recovery mode on PC: I'm not able to click on the "start recovery" button.Can someone please help? :Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-recovery-mode-on-pc/77abdd32-347e-4319-867b-684acbbd75da
  9. I can't switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't switch out of S mode: I can't switch out of S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-out-of-s-mode/a0f69856-4de9-4e3d-9fa7-4125429ca246
  10. I can't switch out of S mode

I can't switch out of S mode: I can't switch out of S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-out-of-s-mode/a0f69856-4de9-4e3d-9fa7-4125429ca246