Windows 10: I can’t get past the login screen

Discus and support I can’t get past the login screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop won’t let me get past the login screen, when I boot it up it gets to where the login page should be but no prompt to enter my password pops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LeonTriskiii, May 20, 2020.

1. I can’t get past the login screen

My laptop won’t let me get past the login screen, when I boot it up it gets to where the login page should be but no prompt to enter my password pops up. I’ve tried start up repair and resetting my laptop but it just says something like “can’t reset computer nothing was changed”. I can boot up in safe mode but I’ve tried turning off safe boot and stuff but that doesn’t work and now I’m just lost.

submitted by /u/LeonTriskiii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LeonTriskiii, May 20, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 20, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, May 20, 2020
  4. I can’t get past the login screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

I can’t get past the login screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, May 20, 2020
Thema:

I can’t get past the login screen

1. I can’t get past the login screen - Similar Threads - can’t past login

2. Can’t get past login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get past login screen: Hello, I just recently moved into a new house and after setting up my computer it boots into the login screen however it will not show me the option to put in my password.I am on windows 11.CPU: ryzen 5 3600RAM: 16 gb ddr4GPU: amd radeon 6600MOBO: msi b450m pro-vdh max...
  3. Can’t get past login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get past login screen: Hello, I just recently moved into a new house and after setting up my computer it boots into the login screen however it will not show me the option to put in my password.I am on windows 11.CPU: ryzen 5 3600RAM: 16 gb ddr4GPU: amd radeon 6600MOBO: msi b450m pro-vdh max...
  4. Can’t get past windows pin screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get past windows pin screen: When I enter my pin or click “forgot my pin” it just returns me to the same screen prompting me to enter my pin. I have tried shutting down the computer and pressing esc before it gets to that screen so that I could access the startup menu. Anything I select from that screen...
  5. Can’t get past windows pin screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get past windows pin screen: When I enter my pin or click “forgot my pin” it just returns me to the same screen prompting me to enter my pin. I have tried shutting down the computer and pressing esc before it gets to that screen so that I could access the startup menu. Anything I select from that screen...
  6. Disabled msconfig and start up settings can’t get past the login screen.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabled msconfig and start up settings can’t get past the login screen.....: So I’m a dum ****, I was trying to get a game to work that spontaneously quit working and I disabled everything in my msconfig and start up, now I can’t sign in, says my pass word is wrong which it’s not, my pin is not accessable, can’t use the forgot my password just goes...
  7. Windows 10 Fresh Start Tool - Can’t Get Past Login Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh Start Tool - Can’t Get Past Login Screen: So i ran the Windows “fresh start” tool and now I’m in worse shape than before. It seemed to run fine, no error messages, but once it restarted... it takes me to the login screen and thats it... all that shows up is my background picture and the date/time. The box to enter my...
  8. Can’t get past blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get past blue screen: Computer won’t go past blue screen I tried to do system restore I get a error, tried startup repair just brings me back to blue screen, Tried uninstall updates didn’t work, Tried putting it in safe mode but just puts my back into the boot up logo screen and just spins and...
  9. I can’t get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t get past the welcome screen: When i input my password on my computer’s welcome screen, it acts like it’s been accepted, but suddenly stops and tells me the password is incorrect. The password is CORRECT, but is still not working. I think there is something faulty with the Windows 10 installation, but...
  10. Cant get past login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant get past login screen: Computer has been working on win 10 for several months. Lately had problems with login screen. We have never used a password before. Now I cant do anything because it demands a password which I do not know. Incidentally I now see two users with same name. One user...