Windows 10: I can't get rid of an old college .edu email that seems to be attached to my account -...

Discus and support I can't get rid of an old college .edu email that seems to be attached to my account -... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a regular outlook.com email and pin that I use to sign into my laptop. It works just fine. For some reason I get alerts on my pc asking me to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stef_roberson20, Sep 16, 2020.

1. I can't get rid of an old college .edu email that seems to be attached to my account -...

I have a regular outlook.com email and pin that I use to sign into my laptop. It works just fine. For some reason I get alerts on my pc asking me to confirm sign-in details for a work or school account. The problem: I no longer have access to the college school email that it's listed under my regular current outlook. I haven't used that .edu account email since approx 2017. I read the help section to get answers and assistance. When I click the account I want to remove that is irrelevant, I see "manage". According to the user answers and Microsoft, I should have the option to delete that account and save or delete files. But, that's not the options I get. When I click "manage", it pops up the old email .edu address that I no longer have and it wants me to provide the password which i'm certain is a deactivated account with the school and I have no way to recover a password. Does anyone know what I can do to stop getting the message to fix the annoying messages "there's a problem, please correct work or school account?" I appreciate the assistance.

:)

stef_roberson20, Sep 16, 2020

2. 29.99 for Windows 7 home premium edition with a .edu email account

i wish i had a .edu email address

codyjansen, Sep 16, 2020
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Sep 16, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

I can't get rid of an old college .edu email that seems to be attached to my account -...

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

I can't get rid of an old college .edu email that seems to be attached to my account -...

1. I can't get rid of an old college .edu email that seems to be attached to my account -... - Similar Threads - can't rid old

2. Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account: I can't seem to get rid of a MS Teams account from a former employer.The account from my former employer, continues to show up as a login option when I open the new Teams. I've followed the instructions for removing old accounts, and it does not show up as an option to...
  3. Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account: I can't seem to get rid of a MS Teams account from a former employer.The account from my former employer, continues to show up as a login option when I open the new Teams. I've followed the instructions for removing old accounts, and it does not show up as an option to...
  4. Can't get rid of an old work account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of an old work account: I had a work Exchange account which I used on my personal laptop for OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, etc. I no longer work there and I can't access the account. But try as I might I can't get rid of all the traces of it. It took me a long time to work out how to stop the...
  5. Can't get rid of an old work account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get rid of an old work account: I had a work Exchange account which I used on my personal laptop for OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, etc. I no longer work there and I can't access the account. But try as I might I can't get rid of all the traces of it. It took me a long time to work out how to stop the...
  6. Old Email Attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Email Attachments: Feedback Email AttachmentsHello, I am having a problem deleting old email attachments from my Outlook email account. The problem ones are three to four years old and the email they were attached to have been deleted long ago. Is there a way to fix this? I know it’s not...
  7. Can't seem to get rid of PUA:Win32/NetFilter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't seem to get rid of PUA:Win32/NetFilter: Hi!So I've been for 2 whole days now, scanning the PC with MSERT, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. The prior and the latter present a clean result, however Windows Defender, after a full scan, always ends up showing up the PUA linked below. Whenever I click to remove it...
  8. How do I get rid of an old email being used to authenticate my account?

How do I get rid of an old email being used to authenticate my account?: I recently tried to change my password and microsoft put me through several authentifications which would be great security if they didn't all conflict with each other and require more authentifications. Anyway, I have had this issue in the past. I have 2 emails listed on my...
  9. get rid of old outlook account

get rid of old outlook account: Hi, I had an outlook account with a group of professionals I no longer work with. I created a new account for our new group. Every time I log in I first get prompted to open the account I no longer have a password for and don't want to use anymore. How do I get rid of...
  10. Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine.

Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine.: Hi I seem to have an email attached to my microsoft account that is not mine. How do I remove it, especially since I cannot access certain features that require an password since the incorrect email shos in the dialog box?...