Windows 10: I can't get shortcut to show on the desktop

Discus and support I can't get shortcut to show on the desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't get shortcuts to be placed om the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeggySweeney, Sep 19, 2018.

1. I can't get shortcut to show on the desktop

I can't get shortcuts to be placed om the desktop

:)

PeggySweeney, Sep 19, 2018

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Sep 19, 2018
  4. I can't get shortcut to show on the desktop

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

I can't get shortcut to show on the desktop

1. I can't get shortcut to show on the desktop - Similar Threads - can't shortcut show

2. I can't create a Clipchamp desktop shortcut.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't create a Clipchamp desktop shortcut.: Is there a way to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-a-clipchamp-desktop-shortcut/853ea78b-1bdf-425c-86ce-88b5d5135951
  3. I can't create a Clipchamp desktop shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't create a Clipchamp desktop shortcut.: Is there a way to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-a-clipchamp-desktop-shortcut/853ea78b-1bdf-425c-86ce-88b5d5135951
  4. can't delete desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete desktop shortcuts: [ATTACH] everytime i try to delete something it says "item not found" and turning into a globe https://preview.redd.it/394w025d6yp61.png?width=84&format=png&auto=webp&s=c967e10948be142ae9ebbf7ae8b96ef61135c10b submitted by /u/xander1090 [link] [comments]...
  5. I can't delete this desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't delete this desktop shortcut: [ATTACH][ATTACH] "Could not find this item" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-this-desktop-shortcut/199543c4-9ea6-4beb-8918-8507081a5bed
  6. I can't delete this desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete this desktop shortcut: [ATTACH][ATTACH] When I try to delete it says "Could not find this item" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-this-desktop-shortcut/8cd5a5c8-d345-4a93-9602-836acdc8a8e4
  7. create shortcut but it doesn't show on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    create shortcut but it doesn't show on desktop: In File Explorer>documents, right click an excel file>create shortcut. Noi shortcut is displayed on the desktop. Seems like I've successfully done this numerous times in the past. Hmmm. Any idea what's going on? Thanks. sweettasha...
  8. Can't move shortcuts on desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move shortcuts on desktop...: After I install an application and it creates a shortcut on the desktop, I can't move the shortcut to another position. When I try to move it, I get a small slashed circle. What's up with that? 18020
  9. Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows How to Create a Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows Show desktop can be used to minimize and restore all of your open windows at once. The included Show desktop transparent button is at the end of the notification area on...
  10. I Can't add Shortcut To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    I Can't add Shortcut To Desktop: Hi all,.. I've downloaded Steam onto a new separate SSD ('D' Drive) that's been formatted to GPT NFTS. Steam wanted to place a Shortcut on the Desktop 'C' drive which I was happy about. However, I think permission has been denied. A pop-up message appears saying:,.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows couldnt create the shortcut check to see whether disk full

2. cant get shortcuts on desktop

3. when i try to shortcut a website it says cant be found

4. cant get shortcut to display on desktop,
  5. windows cant get to desktop,
  6. how to get dav shortcut,
  7. What to do to get my destop the way it was