Windows 10: I can't get signed into my computer because I am getting stuck on a screen that says press...

Discus and support I can't get signed into my computer because I am getting stuck on a screen that says press... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok to begin i just want to mention that im using a desktop computer running windows 10. I never have any issues with this computer, so im at a complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KayluhNuhkole, Dec 24, 2018.

1. I can't get signed into my computer because I am getting stuck on a screen that says press...

Ok to begin i just want to mention that im using a desktop computer running windows 10. I never have any issues with this computer, so im at a complete loss right now. Today while using my computer I got a prompt to restart my computer because windows had "encountered an problem." I restarted the computer, and upon startup when I got to my background where you click before getting the bar to put in your password, the computer froze. It wouldnt bring up the password bar at all. I still had control of the mouse, but could not get ease of access or anything in the bottom right hand corner to load. I had to manually restart the computer, and when it came back on it now has a black screen with a black box, outlined by a white window, which is labeled C:\WINDOWS\system 32\logonUI.exe. The actual box itself says 'Press ctrl-alt-delete to unlock. The box keeps flashing on the screen for a few seconds and then gone for a few seconds, it does not stop flashing anymore than 2-3 seconds at a time. When i do press ctrl-alt-del, nothing happens. Sometimes if i time it right the box will say "enter credentials for-myusername:" i can usually get 2-3 letters of my password typed in before the screen goes entirely black for a few seconds, and then going back to the "press ctrl alt del to unlock." I've tried start-up repair, ive tried system restore but it says i have no restore points. I got it to startup on safemode once but it wasnt connected to the internet. I tried to do the reset but it said i dont have enough storage. Im lost here, any idea whats going on?

:)

KayluhNuhkole, Dec 24, 2018
  2. maxpacker Win User

Computer gets stuck on screen that says Signing out when trying to sign out and switch users

Original title: Stuck on Signing out

Please help. My computer gets stuck on screen that says Signing out when trying to sign out and switch users. Only option seems to be to hold power button to turn computer off. Anyone have this issue?

maxpacker, Dec 24, 2018
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 24, 2018
  4. aronchick Win User

I can't get signed into my computer because I am getting stuck on a screen that says press...

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

I can't get signed into my computer because I am getting stuck on a screen that says press...

1. I can't get signed into my computer because I am getting stuck on a screen that says press... - Similar Threads - can't signed computer

2. I can't sign in. It's stuck at sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't sign in. It's stuck at sign in screen: I can't log into Windows. When I click "sign in" it stays the same. Even I enter safe mode. It still wants me to sign in. But I can't sign in anyway....
  3. I can't sign in. It's stuck at sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in. It's stuck at sign in screen: I can't log into Windows. When I click "sign in" it stays the same. Even I enter safe mode. It still wants me to sign in. But I can't sign in anyway....
  4. I can't sign in. It's stuck at sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am stuck on the sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am stuck on the sign in screen: I am stuck on the login screen you get when you first turn on the computer. When I click ‘sign in’, it brings me right back to the login screen without even asking for login information / my pin or something. I’m stuck in a loop.Things I’ve already tried;Restarting the...
  6. I am stuck on the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am stuck on the sign in screen: I am stuck on the login screen you get when you first turn on the computer. When I click ‘sign in’, it brings me right back to the login screen without even asking for login information / my pin or something. I’m stuck in a loop.Things I’ve already tried;Restarting the...
  7. I am stuck on the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. So i can't sign into my pc, i press sign in get stuck on just a moment then this comes up....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So i can't sign into my pc, i press sign in get stuck on just a moment then this comes up....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kerr_j_wallace [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9aiqe/so_i_cant_sign_into_my_pc_i_press_sign_in_get/
  9. I can't get into my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't get into my computer: I can't get into my computer - I can get to the Choose an Option page. I to to Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then System Restore but at that point I get this message: You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on...
  10. I can't Get Into My Laptop Because It Keeps Saying The Passwords Wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't Get Into My Laptop Because It Keeps Saying The Passwords Wrong: Hi Ive Been Having This Problem And Have Been Trying To Fix It on My own For Months Now but Awhile Ago I Think i Download Something And When I Restarted My Laptop I Couldn't Do Anything It Keeps Saying My Password Is Wrong I Tried all The Resets And I Cant Put In My Microsoft...