Windows 10: I can't get spellchecker to work

Discus and support I can't get spellchecker to work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, now for my second query. On windows 10 the spell checker is not working. I've checked settings and it is switched on. Is it a Google Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Minerva, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Minerva Win User

I can't get spellchecker to work

Hi all, now for my second query. On windows 10 the spell checker is not working. I've checked settings and it is switched on. Is it a Google Chrome setting problem? It used to work OK on Windows 7 on my old laptop.... *Confused

:)

Minerva, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Ray.TJ Win User

Spellchecker doesnt work

Original Title: Spellchecker

I have had spellchecker on my quick access toolbar for some time and it has worked well. Recently I have been writing in Welsh and English changing the language setting as appropriate. I know there is no Welsh spellchecker but when I go back to English
    the spellcheck appears not to work giving the 'complete' message when clearly there are errors in the text. Help please!

Many thanks

RayTJ

Ray.TJ, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Fred22 Win User
    Spellcheck doesn't work

The spellchecker doesn't work at all as I stated in my original post my spellcheck does not work no matter where I'm writing...Facebook, OpenOffice, here on this forum. Watch this: 7y6654tghj. The nonsense I just posted didn't get redlined. No matter where I am spellcheck does not work. Where do I find the option for turning on and off spellcheck in Chrome (recently downloaded so I assume latest version.) Thanks for your replies and I hope we can get this issue resolved.

Fred22, Nov 8, 2018
  4. I can't get spellchecker to work

Windows 10 Spellchecker not working

To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time you encountered this problem?
    • On which application are you trying to use spellchecker?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

I can't get spellchecker to work

1. I can't get spellchecker to work - Similar Threads - can't spellchecker

2. I can't set my display's resolution at 1920x1080

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't set my display's resolution at 1920x1080: My monitor (an old late 2000's/early 2010's SAMSUNG S22A1000N) supports 1920x1080 as its highest resolution. So it's aspect ratio should be 16:9 I guess. I had an NVIDIA GTS 450 graphics card which my computer repair guy removed because it was affecting my PC's performance...
  3. Windows Script Host error code 80070002 on startup. My system can't find some weird file.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Script Host error code 80070002 on startup. My system can't find some weird file.: I somehow previously had an error where my PC would boot up to the Command Prompt and not open Explorer.exe. I can to manually open Explorer in the CMD every time I booted up. I found a fix online where I changed something in the registry to point towards Explorer.exe, which...
  4. Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove: For some reason, after updating Windows, I now have 4 languages for the keyboard instead of 2. When I click on the "ENG" I see this: [ATTACH] I use only Hebrew and English (US) . When choosing "Language preferences", I see this: [ATTACH] Why does it occur? How can I...
  5. Can't create a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create a new folder: Why is it that, since the latest update, I am no longer able to create a new folder. I am working on an ASUS laptop with plenty of storage & RAM. I bring up 'new' & nothing happens then I am told file explorer is not responding....
  6. Can't seem to create a pagefile.sys on any drive besides C:\

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't seem to create a pagefile.sys on any drive besides C:\: Here's a screenshot of my Virtual Memory options windows: https://i.imgur.com/4LISPUC.png You can see I have set 800-800 on C:\ and 2048-2048 on D:\ but that Windows is reporting only 800 MB under 'Total paging file size for all drives' I've verified by viewing the...
  7. I have too many devices on my account even though I only have 3 so I can't run a game

I have too many devices on my account even though I only have 3 so I can't run a game: I cannot play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition because I have too many devices connected. Although I only have 3 devices connected and the limit is 20 altogether. I have tried deleting my old laptop from my device list which still didn't work. So I restarted my computer and tried...
  8. Windows 10 Camera app can't get video.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Camera app can't get video.: I can take photos fine, but when I take a video, the screen turns black for a second and stops the video. It does show the video in the Photos app, but tells me, "We can't open this file, it looks like it was renamed or moved." I didn't do anything to it....
  9. Can't get external speakers to play after 10 Pro upgrade

Can't get external speakers to play after 10 Pro upgrade: Have externals speakers that were working fine before going from 7 Pro to 10 Pro. Plugged them into a different computer with 10 Pro and no problem. Did this so far: 1.) Uninstalled Realtek Driver. 2.) Reinstalled Realtek Driver. 3.) Rebooted Computer. 4.) Still...
  10. Can't reactivate windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't reactivate windows 10 pro: My motherboard died this weak, I got a new one but now windows is telling me to activate, I thought the licenses were linked to the account, I got my license from the windows 7 to windows 10 update, what should I do? Everytime I try using the troubleshoot option it tells me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80d03805