Windows 10: I can't get the latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support I can't get the latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1909, installed on June 3, 2019 build 18363.1440, on a Lenovo ideapad 120S-14IAP X64. Windows Update shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MWL- ESE, Mar 21, 2021.

1. MWL- ESE Win User

I can't get the latest Windows 10 update

I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1909, installed on June 3, 2019 build 18363.1440, on a Lenovo ideapad 120S-14IAP X64. Windows Update shows the message 'You're up to date'.

A message in system tray says 'Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay supported'. When I click on the message, I am taken to Windows Update, where the following message has been displayed since May 2020: 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 - The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it's ready for your device, you'll see the update available on this page'.

I don't know to get the latest Windows 10 update. I've followed the 'Learn more' link below the last message above, but I can't find any information on this issue. When I check for Windows updates on my PC, it shows the message 'You're up to date'. How can I get the latest Windows 10 update?

:)

MWL- ESE, Mar 21, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

Defer feature updates in Windows 10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2021
  4. I can't get the latest Windows 10 update

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

I can't get the latest Windows 10 update

1. I can't get the latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - can't latest update

2. I cannot get the latest Windows update for windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get the latest Windows update for windows 10.: I am unable to get the Windows 10 up. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-the-latest-windows-update-for-windows/3d46f41a-a0a9-414f-be47-2cde88fb8656
  3. Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.: Everytime I have tried to update my windows 10, it doesn't work, I'll go to sleep while it's updating and it'll be stuck at a random number. I've tried everything in this guide:...
  4. Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.: Everytime I have tried to update my windows 10, it doesn't work, I'll go to sleep while it's updating and it'll be stuck at a random number. I've tried everything in this guide:...
  5. Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. I can't get the latest KB5006746 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get the latest KB5006746 update.: Is there any workaround to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-the-latest-kb5006746-update/05fccfcb-fd90-4b83-9045-bac1f5068370
  7. I can't get the latest KB5006746 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get the latest KB5006746 update.: Is there any workaround to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-the-latest-kb5006746-update/05fccfcb-fd90-4b83-9045-bac1f5068370
  8. Can't get the latest Windows 10 Update.

Can't get the latest Windows 10 Update.: I have been unable to update my laptop. The update is:Whenever I try and update, It says something like "Windows couldn't complete the update. Undoing changes."I have tried updating for 2-3 times, and have ran the windows update troubleshooter from settings. No help. Plus, if...
  9. Can't update windows 10 to latest

Can't update windows 10 to latest: I am not able to update windows 10 to 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-windows-10-to-latest/5e9bdbe0-e2f3-4dda-bd8b-b033757f6c79
  10. Why can't I update to the latest Windows 10?

Why can't I update to the latest Windows 10?: Hi All, In the settings > Windows Update window, I see this message: "You're currently running a version of Windows that's nearing the end of support. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 now to get the latest features and security...