Windows 10: i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic

Discus and support i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic. All the drivers seem to be up to date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SandraParker6, Oct 27, 2020.

1. i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic

i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic. All the drivers seem to be up to date

:)

SandraParker6, Oct 27, 2020

2. Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Oct 27, 2020
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic

1. i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic - Similar Threads - cant output sound

2. Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting: Bluetooth headset not working no sound or mic not working *Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Accessibility/Other* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-no-sound-or-mic-not-working-but/9afdb7e1-6cc1-4ec4-8a29-a25b4d65ffbe
  3. Mic is outputting sound to Windows/PC, but not working in any apps.

Mic is outputting sound to Windows/PC, but not working in any apps.: I recently wanted to stream, but I ran into a pretty big problem; my microphone will not work.In OBS, the microphone wasn't picking up anything. To make sure it wasn't just an OBS problem, I hopped into Discord's in-app microphone tester, and that didn't work either. So I...
  4. Mic is outputting sound to Windows/PC, but not working in any apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is outputting sound to Windows/PC, but not working in any apps.: I recently wanted to stream, but I ran into a pretty big problem; my microphone will not work.In OBS, the microphone wasn't picking up anything. To make sure it wasn't just an OBS problem, I hopped into Discord's in-app microphone tester, and that didn't work either. So I...
  5. Mic is outputting sound to Windows/PC, but not working in any apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BT Headphones sound output and mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BT Headphones sound output and mic: I have a problem with my Bluetooth headset. When connected to Bluetooth on WIN10, I get two audio devices one are headphones and others are hands free device. When I use headphones only they work fine, outputting audio normally but as soon as I turn on the microphone in...
  7. Mic works with no clear output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic works with no clear output: Setting up a new microphone and it paired and configured successful but during zoom meeting no I can actually hear me well but it indicates that it's working fine in audio settings the bars moves when I speak....
  8. Cant get mic audio to work.

Cant get mic audio to work.: I have had this problem for years with my asus laptop, I use FL studio with an audio interface and a condenser microphone and it works flawlessly. However anything outside of that program cant pick up any audio from any type of mic, I've tried countless methods to fix this...
  9. External Mic not working

External Mic not working: I have an external microphone that was working perfectly a few days ago but now has no input at all, I've made sure it has access and everything to all the apps, I've run a troubleshoot but to no avail... Any help? submitted by /u/dapiggywig56 [link] [comments]...
  10. External Mic not working

External Mic not working: I have an Aser Aspire V 15 Nitro - Black Edition and I am running the most recent version of windows 10. Recently I got a new headset with a built-in microphone. When I plug them in the headphones work perfectly, however it is obvious that my computer is not using the built...