Windows 10: I can't get to add my security key to my authentication methods.

Discus and support I can't get to add my security key to my authentication methods. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am following the document DSR Phishing Resistant Credentials Pilot - Initial Setup Guidance sharepoint.com to add my Yubi key. I already have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jorge Martinez5, Jun 7, 2023.

1. I can't get to add my security key to my authentication methods.

I am following the document DSR Phishing Resistant Credentials Pilot - Initial Setup Guidance sharepoint.com to add my Yubi key. I already have the certificate activated. I followed the steps to add it but at the end it brings me back to the start page. No error message, just the authentication method is not added.

:)

Jorge Martinez5, Jun 7, 2023
  2. W1zzard Win User

key authentication

Key authentication is the recommended method for security, reject all password logins

If you lose the key use physical or remote console (IPMI)

W1zzard, Jun 7, 2023
  3. key authentication

Quick poll! I finally got around to securing my remote VM by disabling password authentication and using key authentication only for SSH. Curious if others do the same.

Easy Rhino, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Solaris17 Win User

I can't get to add my security key to my authentication methods.

key authentication

I actually recently switched to key authentication myself.

Solaris17, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

I can't get to add my security key to my authentication methods.

1. I can't get to add my security key to my authentication methods. - Similar Threads - can't add security

2. Security Key and Authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  3. Security Key and Authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  4. I can't get access to my bitlocker security key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't get access to my bitlocker security key: I finally changed my account phone number to my new one but it takes 30 days to process my laptop is now asking me to put the Bitlocker recovery key which i cannot access until my security info is fully processed, now i have no access to my laptop which i need...
  5. I can't get access to my bitlocker security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get access to my bitlocker security key: I finally changed my account phone number to my new one but it takes 30 days to process my laptop is now asking me to put the Bitlocker recovery key which i cannot access until my security info is fully processed, now i have no access to my laptop which i need...
  6. I can't get access to my bitlocker security key

7. I can't get to add my security key to my authentication methods.

I can't get to add my security key to my authentication methods.: I am following the document DSR Phishing Resistant Credentials Pilot - Initial Setup Guidance sharepoint.com to add my Yubi key. I already have the certificate activated. I followed the steps to add it but at the end it brings me back to the start page. No error message, just...
  8. How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety?: Every time my kid gets hold of my phone they go into Family Safety and start removing parental controls. I need to be able to set a password or authentication method separate from the login for the phone or computer itself. It’s not reasonable to keep my phone or computer...
  9. How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety?

How do I add a password or authentication method to Family Safety?: Every time my kid gets hold of my phone they go into Family Safety and start removing parental controls. I need to be able to set a password or authentication method separate from the login for the phone or computer itself. It’s not reasonable to keep my phone or computer...
  10. Can't add any Payment method

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't add any Payment method: We couldn't add your payment method.Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit can help.It is a new created account.What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-any-payment-method/70ff14ca-5121-4cf3-8906-d47c1cc0909f