Windows 10: i cant get to my actual desktop after reseting

Discus and support i cant get to my actual desktop after reseting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to reset my pc yesterday but it said there was an error and put me on a blue screen and not able to get onto my pc . There was no system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrookeThomas2, Apr 22, 2020.

1. i cant get to my actual desktop after reseting

I tried to reset my pc yesterday but it said there was an error and put me on a blue screen and not able to get onto my pc . There was no system recovery made before I reset the pc so it wasn't an option, ive tried most things but they don't work.

I think I might have deleted a windows partition "Windows 0,1" but I cant get onto the pc to recover it. Also when I try to reset it from that screen or use any of the advanced options they don't work and it will say "there was an error trying to reset your pc" .

:)

BrookeThomas2, Apr 22, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 22, 2020
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 22, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

i cant get to my actual desktop after reseting

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

i cant get to my actual desktop after reseting

1. i cant get to my actual desktop after reseting - Similar Threads - cant actual desktop

2. i cant get to my login screen after doing a hardware reset on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cant get to my login screen after doing a hardware reset on my computer: whenever i click on any of them it takes me into a loop and i cant seem to get into my login screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-to-my-login-screen-after-doing-a/29960e68-87ee-4b44-9d1c-6531d66065ed
  3. i cant get to my login screen after doing a hardware reset on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant get to my login screen after doing a hardware reset on my computer: whenever i click on any of them it takes me into a loop and i cant seem to get into my login screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-to-my-login-screen-after-doing-a/29960e68-87ee-4b44-9d1c-6531d66065ed
  4. i cant get to my login screen after doing a hardware reset on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is my computer actually resetting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my computer actually resetting?: Hi, I have a Concept D acer laptop that I got like 2 years ago and today it decided it was done. My PC was having problems with its graphics cards for awhile where after closing certain apps, specifically Fortnite, Roller coaster tycoon, Adobe premiere, Adobe stager, or...
  6. Is my computer actually resetting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my computer actually resetting?: Hi, I have a Concept D acer laptop that I got like 2 years ago and today it decided it was done. My PC was having problems with its graphics cards for awhile where after closing certain apps, specifically Fortnite, Roller coaster tycoon, Adobe premiere, Adobe stager, or...
  7. I cant get any futher at the bluescreen after window was resetted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant get any futher at the bluescreen after window was resetted: I started off doing every step asked and then i stopped at Services. I couldnt get any futher after that and it didnt worked. I have restarted the pc over and over again to solve this problem but it wouldn't start over. So i am stuck at the step called: Secure your device....
  8. Cant login after I reset my laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login after I reset my laptop.: I reset my laptop and after it finished it did not take me to setup the laptop it took me to the login screen.This it what it said after the reset. Im sorry the pic is a little blurry. Can you help? Thanks [IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  9. cant reset my computer or get in the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant reset my computer or get in the desktop: i tried usimg system restore wont work , go back to previous version wont work , system image recovery wont work , startup repair wont work , also forgot to say i am stuck in startup repair with erro strtail.txt , tried every tutorial i had in internet wont work , any startup...
  10. cant get to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant get to desktop: stop code critrical process died ... it is not getting in to desktop . after pressing the start button it loads up and shows this stop code any one has any solution ?? please respond asap...