Windows 10: I can't get to open the config, the task bar or the menu, please help

Discus and support I can't get to open the config, the task bar or the menu, please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/puffinmain [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/puffinmain, Sep 7, 2020.

1. I can't get to open the config, the task bar or the menu, please help

/u/puffinmain, Sep 7, 2020

2. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 7, 2020
  4. I can't get to open the config, the task bar or the menu, please help

Unable to access Start menu, Search bar, notification buttons on Task bar after install the Update KB3139907 on Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for responding.

We are glad to know that you are able to access Search bar and notification center after performing the above troubleshooting steps.

For the issues with Start menu, try the below steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below PowerShell command to re-register Start menu and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Right click on the Taskbar and select
      Task Manager
      from the context menu.

• In the Task Manager window, click on
      File
      and on Run new task.

• Type powershell, place a check mark on
      Create this task with administrative privileges
      and click Ok.

• In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, carefully type the below command and hit Enter key from the keyboard.

• Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    5. Once the command execution is completed successfully, close the PowerShell window and reboot/ restart the computer.

NOTE: When you are running the PowerShell command, I recommend you to close all the apps on your system and try.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

I can't get to open the config, the task bar or the menu, please help

1. I can't get to open the config, the task bar or the menu, please help - Similar Threads - can't open config

2. Task bar doesn't work please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar doesn't work please help.: I opened my laptop today and as usual my Internet unconnects itself but that isn't the issue. when I went to connect my task bar is now stuck blank with a blue loading curser and I used to be able to use the run command but that doesn't work now either now the windows button...
  3. Task bar doesn't work please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar doesn't work please help.: I opened my laptop today and as usual my Internet unconnects itself but that isn't the issue. when I went to connect my task bar is now stuck blank with a blue loading curser and I used to be able to use the run command but that doesn't work now either now the windows button...
  4. Task bar doesn't work please help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  6. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  7. Start Menu, Search, Task Bar and Windows Apps not working. Please Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu, Search, Task Bar and Windows Apps not working. Please Help!: I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and am having widespread issues with Windows.When I click the start menu nothing happens. The search icon is present but the text input box is not and clicking the search button does nothing. When trying to open anything from the...
  8. Help. It's doing this on the start menu and task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. It's doing this on the start menu and task bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BamBam1779 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk1ekj/help_its_doing_this_on_the_start_menu_and_task_bar/
  9. Task bar and Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar and Start Menu not opening: Hi I have a Windows 10. When I try to type anything in the Search box the screen freezes Until I open Task Manager, and none of the right bottom keys on the taskbar works. When I try to open the start menu- It opens and closes and leaves a black screen where it opened after...
  10. Cannot open Power User Task Menu help please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open Power User Task Menu help please!: Hi everyone, I recently bought a new machine running windows 10 and I cannot access the Power User Task Menu. When I right click on the start menu the cursor automatically moves a couple pixels and nothing is displayed. Windows key + X does nothing either. What do I do??...