Windows 10: i can't get videos to play from internet.

Discus and support i can't get videos to play from internet. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; cnn has videos and they will not play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidMcGrath4, Jul 5, 2019.

1. i can't get videos to play from internet.

cnn has videos and they will not play

:)

DavidMcGrath4, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Joe Men Win User

Can't play videos on the Internet

Hello,

For us to troubleshooting your concern, provide the following information:

• What is the model of your phone?
    • Which version of Windows 10 Mobile is it running on?
    • What is the name of the app you've used to play videos on the Internet?
    • What is the error message you've received when you attempted to play videos?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Provide additional details on how you're playing the videos on your phone.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Joe Men, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    upgraded from 7 to 10. youtube videos won't play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Which internet browser are you using to play online videos?

• Which video are you referring by “others?”

• Are you using a local or Microsoft user account?

• Are you getting any error on trying to play videos?

I suggest you to login using a Microsoft account, in case you are not logged into one and try the below steps and check if it helps,

Step 1: If issue is with Internet explorer, I suggest you to refer this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Step 2: Ensure to install any pending updates on the system and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back with the above details so that we can assist you further, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

i can't get videos to play from internet.

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

i can't get videos to play from internet.

1. i can't get videos to play from internet. - Similar Threads - can't videos play

2. Can't play video files from external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't play video files from external drive: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-video-files-from-external-drive/577052b6-76ce-4775-a409-67f3bd3b54b8FYI for anyone that saw this thread and the solution did not work - Copy all the .MP4 files to your local drive, reformat the external drive and...
  3. Can't play video files from external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play video files from external drive: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-video-files-from-external-drive/577052b6-76ce-4775-a409-67f3bd3b54b8FYI for anyone that saw this thread and the solution did not work - Copy all the .MP4 files to your local drive, reformat the external drive and...
  4. Can't play video files from external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Get this everytime I play a video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get this everytime I play a video: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RileyssDead [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wz5wnp/get_this_everytime_i_play_a_video/
  6. i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos: So when i woke up today and i turned on my PC i couldn't hear anything. My Spotify wouldn't play anything and my YouTube video was constantly buffering and just didn't want to load. It definitely wasn't an internet problem as i could watch everything on my phone perfectly...
  7. Can't play videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't play videos: Split from this thread. I have a video that I cannot play on my computer. Everytime I try to open it, an error message pops up. Ive tried playing it in windows media player and other players as well, but no luck. What do I do?...
  8. I can't get internet access.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't get internet access.: I can't get internet access. My WiFi adapter is no longer recognized. In fact, the software for the adapter will not complete setup. It worked a month ago, but now doesn't. What can I do? Please keep in mind, I don't have internet access on that PC....
  9. can't play videos

in Windows 10 Support
    can't play videos: when I play video files on my new Windows 10 system I can only hear the audio but can't see the video 15903
  10. Playing Get Started Videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Playing Get Started Videos: Just downloaded Windows 10. Went to Get Started page and tried to play each of the videos. Each one failed to play. Any idea why? 10493