Windows 10: I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC.

Discus and support I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't get Windows File Recovery app winfr.exe to run despite my PC having Win10Home 64bit, v2004 build19041.610 According to the CMD that appears,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Nov 6, 2020.

1. I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC.

I can't get Windows File Recovery app winfr.exe to run despite my PC having Win10Home 64bit, v2004 build19041.610

According to the CMD that appears, "winfr.exe is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable or batch file."

I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC. 71774f27-a2c9-4d1d-bed4-e8788292bea0?upload=true.jpg

I even used to the syntax guide at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-61f5b28a-f5b8-3cc2-0f8e-a63cb4e1d4c4 but it still didn't run.

Does this mean that my PC HP All-In-One 24-g014 with Intel Core i3-6100U @ 2.30GHz & 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM hasn't met all the requirements for running the winfr.exe app...or am I not doing things correctly? Thanks.

Thanks.

:)

Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Nov 6, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 6, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Nov 6, 2020
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC.

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC.

1. I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC. - Similar Threads - can't File Recovery

2. Getting this app can't run on your pc error message with file explorer. Is there anything I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting this app can't run on your pc error message with file explorer. Is there anything I...: File Explorer will open yet I am receiving the " app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with software publisher" message when I try to open files....
  3. Getting this app can't run on your pc error message with file explorer. Is there anything I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting this app can't run on your pc error message with file explorer. Is there anything I...: File Explorer will open yet I am receiving the " app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with software publisher" message when I try to open files....
  4. This app can't run on my PC

This app can't run on my PC: Split from this thread. help me to fix this app cant run on my pc . to find a version for your pc how to make it stop ? please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-run-on-my-pc/e6112ef3-9f9f-4c78-b703-831b61cad286
  5. This app can't run on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't run on my PC: Split from this thread. help me to fix this app cant run on my pc . to find a version for your pc how to make it stop ? please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-run-on-my-pc/e6112ef3-9f9f-4c78-b703-831b61cad286
  6. I can't get my Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my Recovery Key: Hello!I can't access Recovery Key in my account. Instead of the page that should have appeared, the one in the attached picture appeared.Help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-recovery-key/8337e3b4-4b7a-4ac0-aeb3-459b8bf73efd
  7. I can't get my Recovery Key

I can't get my Recovery Key: Hello!I can't access Recovery Key in my account. Instead of the page that should have appeared, the one in the attached picture appeared.Help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-recovery-key/8337e3b4-4b7a-4ac0-aeb3-459b8bf73efd
  8. how can i run the account recovery form if I can't get into windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i run the account recovery form if I can't get into windows?: Hi:I forgot my windows password. I also have bitlocker installed but don't know the keyI tried to reset my password on my laptop as well as another PC but i don't have enough information for Microsoft to validate my account. The tips said I should submit an account recovery...
  9. Problems Running Windows File Recovery app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems Running Windows File Recovery app: I recently downloaded the Windows File Recovery app from the Microsoft store, but when I open it the programs opens a program called Command Center and wants a command to get started after it shows the prompt: C\WINDOWS\system32>. Can anyone provide the command to enter...
  10. I can't run my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't run my PC: My Windows 10 doesn't run. It stucks at startup with with Windows logo and wheel. And it says 'Scanning and repairing drive C:...' as shown in the below picture.[IMG]It loops the same..And It can't enter to the Windows recovery mode. Please help me......