Windows 10: I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC.

Discus and support I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't get Windows File Recovery app winfr.exe to run despite my PC having Win10Home 64bit, v2004 build19041.610 According to the CMD that appears,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Nov 6, 2020.

1. I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC.

I can't get Windows File Recovery app winfr.exe to run despite my PC having Win10Home 64bit, v2004 build19041.610

According to the CMD that appears, "winfr.exe is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable or batch file."

I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC. 71774f27-a2c9-4d1d-bed4-e8788292bea0?upload=true.jpg

I even used to the syntax guide at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-61f5b28a-f5b8-3cc2-0f8e-a63cb4e1d4c4 but it still didn't run.

Does this mean that my PC HP All-In-One 24-g014 with Intel Core i3-6100U @ 2.30GHz & 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM hasn't met all the requirements for running the winfr.exe app...or am I not doing things correctly? Thanks.

Thanks.

:)

Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Nov 6, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 6, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Nov 6, 2020
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC.

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC.

1. I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC. - Similar Threads - can't File Recovery

2. I can't run my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't run my PC: My Windows 10 doesn't run. It stucks at startup with with Windows logo and wheel. And it says 'Scanning and repairing drive C:...' as shown in the below picture.[IMG]It loops the same..And It can't enter to the Windows recovery mode. Please help me......
  3. This App Can't Run on your PC

in Windows 10 Support
    This App Can't Run on your PC: Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I've disabled Antivirus, SmartScreen, Firewall, etc. . . What is the deal? I've tried everything. 146378
  4. This app can't run on your PC.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This app can't run on your PC.: I,m getting a popup window after the latest windows 10 update " this app can't run on this PC to find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.". How do I tell what app it is? I have a thought that it might be my Radon update because I tried to update it and...
  5. This App can't run on your pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    This App can't run on your pc: Our ERP system is a shortcut on my desktop to an .exe on a server, I can open and run that fine. However I have a file type that I set the default app and select the same path of ther server\exe and I receive the error message. Any suggestion would be great....
  6. This App Can't Run On Your PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    This App Can't Run On Your PC: My computer lately has not been able to run any and all .exe files for some unknown reason. Every time I try to open a .exe file it gives the error "This App Can't Run On Your PC". I have tried using the system registry to fix the problem with no results. Any suggestions...
  7. This App Can't Run On Your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This App Can't Run On Your PC: Hi, I just downloaded a game from the internet, it's 5.9gb and it downloads successfully. The file is an iso file so I tried using both Deamon Tools and WinRAR but in both cases, I still get the same error. "This App Can't Run On Your PC" "To Find A Version For Your PC, Try...
  8. My apps can't run.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My apps can't run.: The apps i have been using of recent the Bluestacks and Wampserver are nolonger working on my pc and there are telling the version am using is not for the pc am using yet of recent they have been working and there of 64bit and my pc is also of 64bits. What can i do?...
  9. This App can't run on your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This App can't run on your PC: Hello all, I did a search for my title and found quite a few of these but most were a couple years old or older. I just started recieving this issue right after the big update back at the end of 2017. At first it was very rare that I would get it. Now, after two complete...
  10. This App Can't Run on Your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This App Can't Run on Your PC: After trying to install am admittedly sketchy program, all of my applications won't open normally and read "This app can't run on your pc". Only a select number of stock windows apps run normally. I can get most applications to open by selecting "run as administrator", but...