Windows 10: I can’t hear any audio from my pc even though I have the right audio output selected, can...

Discus and support I can’t hear any audio from my pc even though I have the right audio output selected, can... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my gaming PC says it’s working but I can’t hear anything out of the headphones nor any other headphone.** moved from Community Center **... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mica walters, Nov 25, 2022.

1. I can’t hear any audio from my pc even though I have the right audio output selected, can...

my gaming PC says it’s working but I can’t hear anything out of the headphones nor any other headphone.** moved from Community Center **

:)

mica walters, Nov 25, 2022

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 25, 2022
  3. JohnMilks Win User
    no audio output device installed

I've tried every step that was suggested, still getting no audio output device installed.

JohnMilks, Nov 25, 2022
  4. I can’t hear any audio from my pc even though I have the right audio output selected, can...

Windows 10 no audio output

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to hear the issue you have experienced with Audio device performance upon upgrading to Windows 10. Let’s both work together to fix the issue.

Please answer to these questions:

a. What is the make and model of the PC? (I.e. Complete Model name)

b. Have you tried installing the latest driver for this device?

Follow the below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Method 1:

Run built in Audio Device troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Playing Audio” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works

Method 2:

Try updating the drivers and check if it helps

a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b) Spot and expand the “'Audio inputs and outputs'”.

c). Right click on the “High Definition Audio Device” and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed.

If there are no update available, download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the system by uninstalling the current driver. You can uninstall the driver by following the same steps, and select ‘Uninstall’, instead of selecting
    the “Update Driver Software” from the menu.

Please post back if you are experiencing any issue with Windows. I will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

I can’t hear any audio from my pc even though I have the right audio output selected, can...

1. I can’t hear any audio from my pc even though I have the right audio output selected, can... - Similar Threads - can’t hear audio

2. Can’t hear audio or voice from my headset microphone on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t hear audio or voice from my headset microphone on my pc: Yesterday i couldn’t hear myself through my headphone microphone so i let the support person go on my pc and try to fix it. All they did was update the drivers multiple times and then they deleted the drivers for my audio so now i can’t hear my microphone or any audio from my...
  3. Can’t hear audio or voice from my headset microphone on my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can’t hear audio or voice from my headset microphone on my pc: Yesterday i couldn’t hear myself through my headphone microphone so i let the support person go on my pc and try to fix it. All they did was update the drivers multiple times and then they deleted the drivers for my audio so now i can’t hear my microphone or any audio from my...
  4. Audio from all my applications still output sound even though I muted it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio from all my applications still output sound even though I muted it: No matter which output device I set my computer to, volume controls do not work.Applications still play at 100% volume.I've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio and sound drivers.Tried restarting machine, resetting the sound devices and volumes for all apps to the...
  5. Audio from all my applications still output sound even though I muted it

Audio from all my applications still output sound even though I muted it: No matter which output device I set my computer to, volume controls do not work.Applications still play at 100% volume.I've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio and sound drivers.Tried restarting machine, resetting the sound devices and volumes for all apps to the...
  6. I can’t hear any audio from my pc even though I have the right audio output selected, can...

I can’t hear any audio from my pc even though I have the right audio output selected, can...: my gaming PC says it’s working but I can’t hear anything out of the headphones nor any other headphone.** moved from Community Center ** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-any-audio-from-my-pc-even-though-i/20cb85c0-4eba-4011-b5f8-68f2d6402ed7
  7. Where is my audio coming from? I disabled my audio drivers but I still can hear audio...is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is my audio coming from? I disabled my audio drivers but I still can hear audio...is...: I've been having some audio issues for a while now. Whenever there was a Windows update my headset would have static whenever sound is played. I've tried a lot of solutions but none have worked. Currently I have 2 (I don't know what they're called) sound cards(?) which are:...
  8. No audio output from my pc

No audio output from my pc: My pc is not recognizing the speakers as audio output and there is no sound. How can I fix this? I have run the Troubleshooter and the drivers are up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-from-my-pc/7de0be16-9acc-4cd3-9014-ae3f3c63267d
  9. I have no audio output on my pc.....

I have no audio output on my pc.....: I have no audio output on my pc..... does anyone know how I can I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-audio-output-on-my-pc/a5336664-f504-4322-a289-315c34c687b6
  10. I can hear audio

I can hear audio: I can hear audio on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-hear-audio/412824d6-0b27-49a3-968d-e186b145aea3