Windows 10: I can't hear anything after installing Realtek audio drivers

Discus and support I can't hear anything after installing Realtek audio drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Earlier today I installed the 64-bit audio codec drivers from the Realtek website. Then I restarted my computer and I could not hear anything. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anexzs, Nov 23, 2020.

1. anexzs Win User

I can't hear anything after installing Realtek audio drivers

Earlier today I installed the 64-bit audio codec drivers from the Realtek website. Then I restarted my computer and I could not hear anything. My headphones and microphone show up in "playback" and "recording" tab in system sounds, but I do not hear anything when I try to watch a video. My volume is all the way up, too. Already tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it did nothing. I'm not sure what to do...Please help.

:)

anexzs, Nov 23, 2020
  2. amaan07 Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Please provide step by step installation of Realtek APO driver and Realtek official driver..

amaan07, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't hear anything after installing Realtek audio drivers - Similar Threads - can't hear anything

2. Can't hear anything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't hear anything!: I can't hear anything on my PC! I tried checking the cables, they are all fine. The volume is okay and I even try my earplugs, also didn't work.I think something might be wrong with my PC, not with my speakers. Youtube, Dailymon, all sites are affected....
  3. Can't hear anything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hear anything!: I can't hear anything on my PC! I tried checking the cables, they are all fine. The volume is okay and I even try my earplugs, also didn't work.I think something might be wrong with my PC, not with my speakers. Youtube, Dailymon, all sites are affected....
  4. Can't hear anything!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Realtek Audio Driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Driver not installing: I am using a Lenovo system, I have tried using the installer from my manufacturer and from Realtek them self, They both install the software in Apps and Features but not the driver in device manager. In my system devices section in device manager has something called High...
  6. Realtek Audio Driver not installing

Realtek Audio Driver not installing: I am using a Lenovo system, I have tried using the installer from my manufacturer and from Realtek them self, They both install the software in Apps and Features but not the driver in device manager. In my system devices section in device manager has something called High...
  7. Can't hear audio after reinstalling AMD drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hear audio after reinstalling AMD drivers: My audio isn't working anymore after I reinstalled AMD drivers. I've tried reinstalling them again several times after this happened, but nothing worked. When using the audio troubleshoot, it says audio services are not responding and that Windows couldn't fix it....
  8. Can't hear audio after reinstalling AMD drivers

Can't hear audio after reinstalling AMD drivers: My audio isn't working anymore after I reinstalled AMD drivers. I've tried reinstalling them again several times after this happened, but nothing worked. When using the audio troubleshoot, it says audio services are not responding and that Windows couldn't fix it....
  9. Audio Issues after installing Realtek Audio Driver from Realtek website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Issues after installing Realtek Audio Driver from Realtek website: When i install Realtek Audio Drivers from Windows Update, it works fine. But when I install it from the Realtek Website, static and buzzing comes out from my audio outputs when something is being played. My mic doesn't work either. What is happening?...
  10. Realtek audio installer doesn't install anything.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio installer doesn't install anything.: I have download installers from many different sources and none of them work. they all install a couple of files in a folder in the program files folder that don't do anything. Realtek is still missing from the device manager and the control panel. I really need Realtek on my...