Windows 10: I can’t hear anything from discord nor Skype, I’ve made my headphones the default outputs...

Discus and support I can’t hear anything from discord nor Skype, I’ve made my headphones the default outputs... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve also enabled legacy mode for discord and turned output all the way up and can’t hear anything. submitted by /u/jimbocalypse121 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jimbocalypse121, Jul 28, 2020.

1. I can’t hear anything from discord nor Skype, I’ve made my headphones the default outputs...

I’ve also enabled legacy mode for discord and turned output all the way up and can’t hear anything.

submitted by /u/jimbocalypse121
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jimbocalypse121, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

How do I get SKYPE voice through Headphones ???

set default communications device in windows, skype may be reading from that.

Mussels, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Nova_2010 Win User
    Unable to hear anyone on Skype or other similar software after upgrading to Windows 10

I was recently forced to upgrade to Windows 10 and after doing so, the software forced the headphone jack to become the default output speaker. I changed it to make my PC's speakers the default audio output but every time I started my PC again, the settings
    were reset to what they were previously and the headphone jack was once again the default audio output. Since this was continously happening, I had no choice to remove the headphone jack so that it couldn't be the deafult output speaker. It worked to allow
    me to use my PC's default output speaker and I can hear internet video and I can also hear myself on my audio recording software. But now, when I try to use Skype or other similar communication software, others can hear me perfectly but I can't hear them at
    all. How do I make my PC's default speakers capable of being able to receive audio output from Skype and other similar software?

Nova_2010, Jul 28, 2020
  4. EricBenji Win User

I can’t hear anything from discord nor Skype, I’ve made my headphones the default outputs...

Headphone no longer working as intended. I use no speakers, solely the headphones. I can only hear if I set "Speakers" to default. Headphones being set to default results in no sound at all.

Just yesterday I've started having this problem where my headphones no longer work for some reason or another. I can hear sound (though its limited to YouTube and gaming) it doesn't work at all for Discord.

If I set the default audio device to "Headphones" there is no sound at all, for YouTube, Discord, or in game. I'll provide screenshots.

Imgur here the sound works only for YouTube and in game, not discord.

Imgur here the sound does NOT work at all for anything.

I've tried setting it to headphone and going to one of those free online mic testing sites as well to see if the mic is working at least and I get a

NotReadableError

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

I use no other audio device aside from the headphone.

EricBenji, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

I can’t hear anything from discord nor Skype, I’ve made my headphones the default outputs...

1. I can’t hear anything from discord nor Skype, I’ve made my headphones the default outputs... - Similar Threads - can’t hear anything

2. I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything: I made a mistaken obviously written in the title, i don't have any input sound please help me like RIGHT NOW!! i'm sort of crying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-made-some-mistakes-i-cant-hear-anything-and-cant/81af1c58-8f23-42a0-90a5-f8b5d09ac78d
  3. I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything: I made a mistaken obviously written in the title, i don't have any input sound please help me like RIGHT NOW!! i'm sort of crying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-made-some-mistakes-i-cant-hear-anything-and-cant/81af1c58-8f23-42a0-90a5-f8b5d09ac78d
  4. I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I updated to 21H2 and i can't hear anything from my headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated to 21H2 and i can't hear anything from my headphones.: Hello,My name is KirilI recently updated my pc to 21H2 Using the Windows 10 Tool Installer and my sound broke. I couldn't hear anything. I tried everything i could find on the internet but nothing worked. If you know an answer that's now "update your sound drivers/roll them...
  6. I updated to 21H2 and i can't hear anything from my headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated to 21H2 and i can't hear anything from my headphones.: Hello,My name is KirilI recently updated my pc to 21H2 Using the Windows 10 Tool Installer and my sound broke. I couldn't hear anything. I tried everything i could find on the internet but nothing worked. If you know an answer that's now "update your sound drivers/roll them...
  7. I updated to 21H2 and i can't hear anything from my headphones.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Sound shown output on headphones in sound panel but I can't hear anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound shown output on headphones in sound panel but I can't hear anything: Hey. When I logged on to my laptop my sound was not working. It shows it as functional and it worked on another device. Any help? I've done everything. Uninstalled the drivers, Updated everything, Restarted, and so much more....
  9. I can not hear anything from my speakers or headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can not hear anything from my speakers or headphones: The problem first started with a "Audio service stopped working " issue out of no where and I watched some youtube videos on this and I have managed to regain the volume option back but there is still no output from my speakers. Please help I dont know what to do submitted...
  10. I can’t hear anything from discord nor Skype, I’ve made my headphones the default outputs...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t hear anything from discord nor Skype, I’ve made my headphones the default outputs...: I’ve also enabled legacy mode for discord and turned output all the way up and can’t hear anything. submitted by /u/jimbocalypse121 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzoajk/i_cant_hear_anything_from_discord_nor_skype_ive/