Windows 10: I cant hear my speakers

Discus and support I cant hear my speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm unable to hear sound out the computer speakers. How do I fix this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by deannadavis1, Dec 11, 2018.

1. I cant hear my speakers

I'm unable to hear sound out the computer speakers. How do I fix this issue?

:)

deannadavis1, Dec 11, 2018

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 11, 2018
  4. tim2120 Win User

I cant hear my speakers

Cannot hear Ring Tones 3110C

Thanks jimmyireland. I followed your three suggestions.

• freed up memory
    • carried out the factory reset
    • ugraded software.
    I still cannot hear the loudspeaker. I tried

• playing a media file
    • calling the phone and selected loudspeaker

Still nothing. If it was not for hearing the keypad tones I would say the speaker was broken.

Were your suggestions a standard response to faults or have you heard of my speaker problem before?

tim2120, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

I cant hear my speakers

1. I cant hear my speakers - Similar Threads - cant hear speakers

2. i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones: i downloaded an audio driver but when i listen to something i can hear it on my speaker and on my heaphones so i try to download an another audio driver but the second audio driver deletes himself en the first one how can i fix thix?...
  3. i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can hear the audio on my speaker and my headphones: i downloaded an audio driver but when i listen to something i can hear it on my speaker and on my heaphones so i try to download an another audio driver but the second audio driver deletes himself en the first one how can i fix thix?...
  4. I cant hear anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant hear anything: When ever im on a discord or google meet call. I cant hear other tabs or windows. I did change my mic setting to my laptop and output to headphones but then the mic quality is not the best. There is also a hands free option which i dont know about...
  5. I cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant hear anything: When ever im on a discord or google meet call. I cant hear other tabs or windows. I did change my mic setting to my laptop and output to headphones but then the mic quality is not the best. There is also a hands free option which i dont know about...
  6. I can't hear my speakers

I can't hear my speakers: Please help me I tried all of the solutions possible but I don't know wnat to do...I updated my windows and after that my audio devices were disconected and I can't reconect them back.I have a laptop so no one could just open it like a pc and disconnect something.Also I...
  7. cant hear sound on speakers

cant hear sound on speakers: cant hear sound on speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-sound-on-speakers/9cb68b1b-2ff8-40a5-9108-fb3a64ade80f
  8. i cant hear anything on my pc

i cant hear anything on my pc: I've done so much trying to make it so I can hear but for sum reason when I plug my head set into my pc I just cant hear anything, I've tried usb headsets and plugging it into the different collard holes in the back but it just does not work, its not a problem in my...
  9. I cant hear my audio

I cant hear my audio: When I try to play a video from my PC it doesnt work because i cant hear it. It says no speakers or headphones are plugged in... please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-my-audio/69d6897d-7eb8-4524-afb5-5a3d09356afa
  10. I cant hear Contana

in Cortana
    I cant hear Contana: I cant hear Cotona https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-contana/36534140-6696-44b1-969e-5ef413125f28"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to hear anything just from speakers

2. cant hear my speakers