Windows 10: I cant hear people in discord, but I can hear the "dings" of people leaving and rejoining.

Discus and support I cant hear people in discord, but I can hear the "dings" of people leaving and rejoining. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can hear other sounds in discord, just not voices. I restarted my computer and redownloaded discord, but it still did not work. I am on PC, and any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nckgrock, May 29, 2020.

1. I cant hear people in discord, but I can hear the "dings" of people leaving and rejoining.

I can hear other sounds in discord, just not voices. I restarted my computer and redownloaded discord, but it still did not work. I am on PC, and any help is much appreciated.

submitted by /u/nckgrock
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nckgrock, May 29, 2020

2. Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me

my pc specs

• Windows 10 pro 64 bit w/update KB4023057
    • Intel Core i7-3770K
    • 32gb DDR3 RAM
    • GeForce gtx 970
    • Asus Z77 sabertooth
    So when I go to sound under Control panel everything shows up fine in playback and both microphones show up (my headset and webcam) and even when I enable playback I can hear myself just fine so I know its not hardware. But whenever i enter a chat like in
    skype, teamspeak, discord, or any game, Ican't hear anything and people can't hear me. I've double checked and i have the most current drivers and I have also re-installed the drivers from scratch with no change. i've had this issue for a few months and now
    my job heavily relies on skype so i need this fixed.

adfalvarado, May 29, 2020
  3. People can't hear me - 5300

I have a Nokia 5300. When I am speaking on the phone, people can't hear me. I can hear them but they can't hear me. Please help.

Cheers

Heather

michaela24, May 29, 2020
  4. I cant hear people in discord, but I can hear the "dings" of people leaving and rejoining.

LUMIA 535. The hearing volume has rediced considerably and as I result I cannot hear people talking to me. Plese suggest methods to improve hearing volume.

LUMIA 535 - The hearing volume has reduced considerably and it happened suddenly. Now I cannot hear properly people speaking to me. Please suggest ways or settings to improve hearing.

RaymondAranha, May 29, 2020
Thema:

I cant hear people in discord, but I can hear the "dings" of people leaving and rejoining.

1. I cant hear people in discord, but I can hear the "dings" of people leaving and rejoining. - Similar Threads - cant hear discord

2. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  3. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  4. I hear these people through my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hear these people through my laptop: Around 9 AM this morning, I started to hear a man with a language I could not understand. You seem to be talking with a child both of them laughing and sounding like they’re having a good time. I tried asking him who he is, but he wouldn’t respond to me. I closed out every...
  5. I hear these people through my laptop

I hear these people through my laptop: Around 9 AM this morning, I started to hear a man with a language I could not understand. You seem to be talking with a child both of them laughing and sounding like they’re having a good time. I tried asking him who he is, but he wouldn’t respond to me. I closed out every...
  6. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  7. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  8. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.: I played Destiny 2 and my mic was just fine, however, after I downloaded the Xbox Companion app and/or pressed Win+G, my audio for hearing other people in discord and in-game chat stopped working. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE please help has ever had this or heard of this,...
  10. I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.

I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.: I played Destiny 2 and my mic was just fine, however, after I downloaded the Xbox Companion app and/or pressed Win+G, my audio for hearing other people in discord and in-game chat stopped working. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE please help has ever had this or heard of this,...