Windows 10: i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos

Discus and support i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So when i woke up today and i turned on my PC i couldn't hear anything. My Spotify wouldn't play anything and my YouTube video was constantly buffering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by damjanmurko, Sep 5, 2021.

1. i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos

So when i woke up today and i turned on my PC i couldn't hear anything. My Spotify wouldn't play anything and my YouTube video was constantly buffering and just didn't want to load. It definitely wasn't an internet problem as i could watch everything on my phone perfectly fine. Also when i went into device manager i could see that PCI encryption/decryption controller drivers need to be updated. Could this be the cause of my problems? I have to add that everything was working just fine yesterday.

:)

damjanmurko, Sep 5, 2021
  2. [Suejin] Win User

I suddenly have no sound to play music videos

Hello SueGraham1,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I'm sorry to hear that your device suddenly stopped playing sounds from music or videos.

Here are some list of the most basic troubleshooting guide to help you fix the problem.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/452028...

Please try each step on the article and let me know what happens.

[Suejin], Sep 5, 2021
  3. Jaux Win User
    No sound from Groove Music

On my Microsoft Lumia 950 (AT&T) Groove Music player syncs properly, it used to work perfectly with Bluetooth, wired headphones, or just through the phone speaker. Then, while right in the middle of a playlist it stopped producing sound. The songs show
    as if they're playing, but there is no sound. I have followed the suggested troubleshooting steps, but there is still no sound.

Jaux, Sep 5, 2021
  4. heckehe Win User

i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos

Music video playing on laptop as input to microphone

I'm playing a video on my laptop which is running Windows 10. I want to broadcast that video's sounds to my microphone so that the person at the other end listening to my microphone listens to the videos playing on my laptop. Is that possible?

The music video is, I suppose, an .mp3 file which is playing on my computer and which I can clearly hear on my speakers, but I want to broadcast the same sound to others listening to my microphone on other computers. Is there some special software required for this?

The problem is I am using earphones connected my computer so that the sound is not emitted through speakers and cannot be picked up by the mike, so is there some internal thingy possible?

heckehe, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos

1. i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos - Similar Threads - can't hear sound

2. i can't hear my laptops sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't hear my laptops sound.: I got a blue screen every time I start my pc. I installed windows 10 again using a USB drive then my HD audio driver for display audioanyone help?Zarr zadd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-my-laptops-sound/1bad63b0-efea-473a-aeb3-36c159ea23b3
  3. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  4. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  5. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps: I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean...
  7. Can't test or hear sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't test or hear sounds: After a system restore I heard an annoying alert sound of some sort, so decided to change my sound settings. I changed my sounds to None, with designated exceptions. I chose the exceptions by clicking the particular alerts, for which I chose .wav sounds. But the Test buttons...
  8. I suddenly have no sound to play music videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I suddenly have no sound to play music videos: My sound has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-suddenly-have-no-sound-to-play-music-videos/a569aae2-097c-4203-b5d0-dbe8fff9dbd5
  9. I can't hear sound.

I can't hear sound.: [ATTACH] For some reason out of nowhere my headset got muted and I don't have sound with my headset. I tried other headphones, but when I plug them in they are muted too. Please help....
  10. Can't play downloaded music

Can't play downloaded music: I have downloaded music. When I click to play, I get a message "Can't play. We can't find an audio device. Make sure headphones or speakers are connected. For more info, search your device for "Manage audio devices." Computer is an Inspiron 3048, running Windows 10....