Windows 10: I can't hear sound.

Discus and support I can't hear sound. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] For some reason out of nowhere my headset got muted and I don't have sound with my headset. I tried other headphones, but when I plug them in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeividasNavickas, Dec 28, 2019.

1. I can't hear sound.

I can't hear sound. 734953d6-40c5-4e70-92e3-8551fe20b6ea?upload=true.png

For some reason out of nowhere my headset got muted and I don't have sound with my headset. I tried other headphones, but when I plug them in they are muted too. Please help.

:)

DeividasNavickas, Dec 28, 2019

2. sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 28, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I can't hear sound. :p

cadaveca, Dec 28, 2019
  4. I can't hear sound.

Unable to hear sound

Hi Arif,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply to the following question to better understand your issue:

1. Is your issue confined to a single application or for all?

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Windows Store App. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2: I would suggest you do the following steps and see if it helps:

Update Sound, video and game controller drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controller drives.

• Double-click on the drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    Method 3: If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controller drives.

• Double-click on the drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

I can't hear sound.

1. I can't hear sound. - Similar Threads - can't hear sound

2. i can't hear my laptops sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't hear my laptops sound.: I got a blue screen every time I start my pc. I installed windows 10 again using a USB drive then my HD audio driver for display audioanyone help?Zarr zadd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-my-laptops-sound/1bad63b0-efea-473a-aeb3-36c159ea23b3
  3. i can't hear my laptops sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't hear my laptops sound.: I got a blue screen every time I start my pc. I installed windows 10 again using a USB drive then my HD audio driver for display audioanyone help?Zarr zadd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-my-laptops-sound/1bad63b0-efea-473a-aeb3-36c159ea23b3
  4. i can't hear my laptops sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can't hear any sound on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear any sound on my PC: I can't play any sound pn my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-any-sound-on-my-pc/8fcf494c-ba96-481d-86ed-9286dd3fe0b1
  6. I can't hear any sound on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't hear any sound on my PC: I can't play any sound pn my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-any-sound-on-my-pc/8fcf494c-ba96-481d-86ed-9286dd3fe0b1
  7. i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos

i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos: So when i woke up today and i turned on my PC i couldn't hear anything. My Spotify wouldn't play anything and my YouTube video was constantly buffering and just didn't want to load. It definitely wasn't an internet problem as i could watch everything on my phone perfectly...
  8. Can't test or hear sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't test or hear sounds: After a system restore I heard an annoying alert sound of some sort, so decided to change my sound settings. I changed my sounds to None, with designated exceptions. I chose the exceptions by clicking the particular alerts, for which I chose .wav sounds. But the Test buttons...
  9. I can't hear sound in my laptop

I can't hear sound in my laptop: Recent update of windows 10 have spoil my sound help me to work it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-sound-in-my-laptop/995f4502-66a4-4dcd-a8bb-74466381eb66
  10. Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything

Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything: This is Toshiba Windows 10 Laptop, During the morning after a failed update, i went to see some videos and i couldn't hear anything. I checked if my sound was on, it was on and on the max. It says it's broadcasting sound, but i can't hear anything. I tried Unistalling the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot hear person on jabra headset