Windows 10: I can't hold these 3 keys.

Discus and support I can't hold these 3 keys. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've noticed that I can't hold my left shift key, left caps lock key and tab key but instead it would act like an auto clicker on it for some reason.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by parnkittiwarakul, Apr 7, 2021.

1. I can't hold these 3 keys.

I've noticed that I can't hold my left shift key, left caps lock key and tab key but instead it would act like an auto clicker on it for some reason. It's really hard to type uppercase character that use right hand to press now. How do i fix this problem?

:)

parnkittiwarakul, Apr 7, 2021

2. Surface Pro 3 Windows key not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are you using docking station?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list, double click on hardware and devices and run the troubleshooter and check what it shows.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Apr 7, 2021
  3. When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second key doesnt work, it happens only in w,e ,;,' and up and left arrow keys

Hi,

Yes reinstalling will resolve the issue, I suggest you follow the below to uninstall the keyboard and reinstall it.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Keyboard

Step 3:

Right-click on listed devices one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed devices under Keyboards

Step 7:

Restart PC and Windows will automatically install the drivers for keyboard

Step 8:

Verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Apr 7, 2021
  4. I can't hold these 3 keys.

Cant press and hold keys

Hi Hamish,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you using a Desktop Computer or a Laptop?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue specific to any functionalities?
    • Have you updated the latest keyboard driver?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update Keyboard driver.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand the Keyboard.

3. Right-click on the Keyboard driver and click on Update driver software.

4. Restart the computer and check.

Method 2: Try Uninstalling and then reinstalling the keyboard drivers.

Follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand the Keyboard.

3. Right-click the keyboard driver and click
    Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install the latest keyboard driver in a compatibility mode and check if it works.Follow the steps below:

a. Download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
    and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

I can't hold these 3 keys.

1. I can't hold these 3 keys. - Similar Threads - can't hold keys

2. Can't move my mouse when holding a key!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move my mouse when holding a key!: Cant Move mouse pointer while CTRL/Shift/ALT key is pressed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-my-mouse-when-holding-a-key/2dbba406-ffca-43ae-ace7-51ebdf37de3f
  3. Can't move my mouse when holding a key!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move my mouse when holding a key!: Cant Move mouse pointer while CTRL/Shift/ALT key is pressed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-my-mouse-when-holding-a-key/2dbba406-ffca-43ae-ace7-51ebdf37de3f
  4. Can't hold key for more than 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hold key for more than 30 seconds: So, basically, my problem is that I can't hold a key down for more than around 30-40 seconds. For example: If I'm holding down W in a videogame, my character will stop walking after 30 seconds and I will have to press W again to continue walking. This is really annoying in...
  5. Can't hold key for more than 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't hold key for more than 30 seconds: So, basically, my problem is that I can't hold a key down for more than around 30-40 seconds. For example: If I'm holding down W in a videogame, my character will stop walking after 30 seconds and I will have to press W again to continue walking. This is really annoying in...
  6. Can't hold key for more than 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Can't move mouse while holding a key

Can't move mouse while holding a key: I can't move my mouse while holding down on a key. I use a track pad, and I use an HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-mouse-while-holding-a-key/f40ac3ad-2391-4ff0-aa1a-cb3aceed52b7
  8. On hold for 3+ hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On hold for 3+ hours: The latest Windows 10 update will not detect my laptop's internal speakers, so I have no audio. Went through 2 tech people and have now been on hold for over 3 hours [ATTACH]...
  9. keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys

keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys: my keyboard Repeats letters when i writing like that : pppleeaseeee heeelllppp and i Can't hold buttons in games after formate my pc For example: on csgo i can't move forward:when i hold Z it keeps reseting like I repeat to press that key this problem happend to me before...
  10. SURFACE 3 won't hold charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SURFACE 3 won't hold charge: after windows update, my SURFACE 3 won't hold a charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-3-wont-hold-charge/7f2f8193-737b-4e2c-a4e6-18c87aa616d3