Windows 10: I can't inject my USB (HDD)

Discus and support I can't inject my USB (HDD) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; "进程 ID 为 4424 的应用程序 \Device\HarddiskVolume4\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.1807.18075-0\MsMpEng.exe 已停止删除或弹出设备... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steamzhou, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Steamzhou Win User

I can't inject my USB (HDD)

"进程 ID 为 4424 的应用程序 \Device\HarddiskVolume4\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.1807.18075-0\MsMpEng.exe 已停止删除或弹出设备 USB\VID_0480&PID_A202\20160729000231C。"

While I was trying to inject it safely, this appears.

I've restart the explorer a few times but when I looked up the event log, I found that

"The process id 4424 stopped my injection."

DO NOT TELL ME to check the other software or something else, I'm asking how could I shutdown that MsMpEng so that I can pull out my HDD.

I tried to taskkill it, but I failed.

Plz reply either in English or Chinese. Thank you

:)

Steamzhou, Sep 19, 2018

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 20, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

USB HDD: IN BIOS

Hi AJAY, in modern BIOS (UEFI) it is normal to have USB devices listed, such as USB HDD without drive being plugged in.

In older Legacy BIOS, a drive would have to be plugged in for it to be listed in BIOS, but not no londer . . .

DaveM121, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't inject my USB (HDD) - Similar Threads - can't inject USB

2. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB HDD: Hello,I have a small problem.I have recently upgraded my laptop from an HDD to a SSD, and everything is fine with Win 10.I have installed the old HDD in a USB3.0 caddy, here is the odd thing!If I plug the caddy into the laptop USB port the laptop sees the HDD straight away...
  3. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB HDD: Hello,I have a small problem.I have recently upgraded my laptop from an HDD to a SSD, and everything is fine with Win 10.I have installed the old HDD in a USB3.0 caddy, here is the odd thing!If I plug the caddy into the laptop USB port the laptop sees the HDD straight away...
  4. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB HDD: Hello,I have had 2 USB HDD 1, 2TB and 1 4TB plus 2 Micro SD card give me the Access Denied and this after using them to store thing it just all sudden.It is not the device because it you format it works just fine and if I put it SD card back in the camera works find but in my...
  6. USB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB HDD: Hello,I have had 2 USB HDD 1, 2TB and 1 4TB plus 2 Micro SD card give me the Access Denied and this after using them to store thing it just all sudden.It is not the device because it you format it works just fine and if I put it SD card back in the camera works find but in my...
  7. Can't inject DLL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't inject DLL: Hi, so when I try to inject a DLL file, it doesn't work Using a Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-inject-dll/6185a604-1c39-4b4f-845d-830f4656f2e2
  8. Did I corrupt my files on my USB HDD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did I corrupt my files on my USB HDD ?: I was downloading a file to my USB HDD then suddenly my computer froze..I know that the file I was downloading gets corrupted and I have to download it again...but how about other files on the USB drive ? Do they get corrupted too ? 171932
  9. I can't Access my HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't Access my HDD: I'm pretty new to the whole computer and laptop world as this is my first one so keep that in mind. So first off I'm trying to install a new internal SSD and so I found out that I would need to clone the original SSD. So after I did that I was looking at my files and saw...
  10. I Can't Format My HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I Can't Format My HDD: Hiya guys, I have 2 HDD's in my PC, one is a Windows 10 HDD and the other is just there for media files. I wanted to format my media drive, but it wont let me. It turns out when I installed Windows 10, it added the boot folders to the media HDD. No idea why. I guess I need...