Windows 10: I can't install a new copy of windows 10 on my pc

Discus and support I can't install a new copy of windows 10 on my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a PC with this configuration: Z390 aorus ultra motherboard, with i5 9600k, 16GB hyperx 3200 ddr4, rtx2070 ROG, and an 1tb 970evo ssd. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by George Oprea, Nov 12, 2020.

1. I can't install a new copy of windows 10 on my pc

Hi, I have a PC with this configuration: Z390 aorus ultra motherboard, with i5 9600k, 16GB hyperx 3200 ddr4, rtx2070 ROG, and an 1tb 970evo ssd.

I tries several times to install a brand new copy or the recent windows from usb drive but I always receive different BsoD. I made the copy with the program provided by microsoft. I checked my DDR4 memory sticks, I got no errors. The Bsod are: Fault in non paged area, kmode exception not handled etc. My bios is updated to latest wich is f10g. I removed all the peripherals except mouse and kb. I've read multiple responses to similar problem like I have but it didn't resolve my problem.

Thank you and sorry for my english.

:)

George Oprea, Nov 12, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 12, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

I can't install a new copy of windows 10 on my pc

So are you transferring your Windows install from your current PC then? Is that the goal here? My first questions with your current PC is if you're running an OEM version of the OS if it came with your PC. Or if you bought the OS separately. This could affect you being able to migrate 10 over...but you might be able to install 8/8.1 using the key...and installing and upgrading that way.

I'm assuming by your system specs you purchased 8.1 for it...if so, and you want to keep that license on your old PC...buy a new copy of 7/8/10 for the new PC. Otherwise, transfer it over...at worst you call Microsoft and get a computer voice and spend 10 minutes typing in a bunch of numbers to register with the new hardware.

Newer versions of Windows 10 ISO take 7 and 8/8.1 keys during installation (if 1511 ISO was re-released)...or are supposed to. This would make a clean install with a 7/8 key possible and was supposed to have happened...I honestly haven't been keeping track since they pulled the new ISO weeks ago. I upgraded and did a fresh install with it, but the PC already had 10 on it once...so it auto-activated.

At worst you gotta buy a copy of the OS, which at that point it might be cheaper to find a deal on 7 or 8/8.1 to upgrade to 10 from I would get Pro, no higher or lower IMHO.

I hope that helps. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

I can't install a new copy of windows 10 on my pc

1. I can't install a new copy of windows 10 on my pc - Similar Threads - can't install copy

2. Can't install windows on a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install windows on a new PC: I accidentally turned off my pc during a windows update and then it started shutting off immediately on boot. I couldn't get it working, but I had all my important files backed up anyway so I wanted to go for a fresh install. I made a usb to install windows onto the drive...
  3. Can't install windows on a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install windows on a new PC: I accidentally turned off my pc during a windows update and then it started shutting off immediately on boot. I couldn't get it working, but I had all my important files backed up anyway so I wanted to go for a fresh install. I made a usb to install windows onto the drive...
  4. Can't install Windows 10 on new PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install Windows 10 on new PC: I bought Gigabyte b550 gamin x v2 motherboard and ryzen 5 5600x. The bios is working fine, temp is regular. the problem starts when i try to install w10 from usb my pc freeze on oppening screen. i tried from dvd also, same thing happen. i swaped my ssd into 2nd pc and...
  5. Can't install windows on my new pc

Can't install windows on my new pc: Pc freezes on motherboard logo or the windows logo everytime i try to install windows from my usb stick. I have formatted the usb and downloaded the windows installer. The windows installer works on my laptop so the usb is not the problem. The nvme ssd that is in the pc is...
  6. I can't install Windows 10 on a new pc

I can't install Windows 10 on a new pc: Hi, I've just built a computer and I've been trying for days to install windows 10. The problem ia that after the installation is completed ans it restarts to finish the process it gets a blue screen and doesn't boot up anymore. Also I get different bsod codes each time, but...
  7. Can I transfer my copy of windows to a new pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer my copy of windows to a new pc?: The pc I have is one I built. It has a copy of Windows 10 purchased directly from Microsoft's online store. Due to hardware issues this pc is no longer functioning, and I am currently building a new one. I've tried looking this up but there's a lot of confusion over what is...
  8. New PC can't install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC can't install windows 10: I currently just built a new PC and have purchased a DVD for windows 10. Unfortunately the motherboard has UEFI so it wouldn't install. I wiped the SSD and started over the installation but with a bootable flash drive instead. Now I keep getting the "whea uncorrectable error"...
  9. Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC: I have recently purchased a new PC. It comes with a copy of W10 home installed (not activated) on a 1TB HDD but I also have a 240GB SSD installed. I was wondering if it is possible to copy my retail version of W10 pro (activated by digital license) on my old pc onto the new...
  10. How can I install new clean copy of my windows 10 ?

How can I install new clean copy of my windows 10 ?: I have windows 10 Home: Version: 1709 Build: 16299.248 I want to format my hard disk and install a new clean of my windows 10 copy. 1. The first step I want to do is some how to download from the internet from microsoft the windows 10 it self and make a bootable dvd using...