Windows 10: I can't Install any software, it keeps saying "It's time to update your device"

Discus and support I can't Install any software, it keeps saying "It's time to update your device" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/a/PPYaeeW As you can see, in the images attached, I can't install any software and this popup screen comes up saying "It's time to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alon1908, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Alon1908 Win User

I can't Install any software, it keeps saying "It's time to update your device"

https://imgur.com/a/PPYaeeW

As you can see, in the images attached, I can't install any software and this popup screen comes up saying "It's time to update your device". In this example, I'm trying to install Unity but trust me it doesn't work with any software. My device is up to date. If I press on the see how where it says "Still want to install apps from outside Microsoft Store?" It gives me a Microsoft store page on how to switch out of S mode. I am not in S mode, even on that page it tells me "Your device is not running in S mode" but nevertheless it also says "You are unable to switch out of S Mode on this version of Microsoft Store. See the links below for more information on how to update Microsoft Store."

I have no idea why it thinks my device is in S mode, or why it thinks I'm not fully updated. I have Windows 10 home and a Lenovo laptop, not pirated or anything. Please if someone could help me it's a serious issue that has already interfered with my work. And yes I have restarted my computer.

Thank you.

:)

Alon1908, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

When trying to install the device drivers manually it says "Windows Was unable to install your Unknown Device.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which driver are you trying to install?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Run hardware and device troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

And also check with your manufacturer web site for the drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Computer (orginally 8) keeps rebooting to install updates

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your computer keeps restarting because of updates and I will be happy to answer your query. Let me ask you;

• Which security software is installed in the computer?
    • Do you remember making any specific change in the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to an update or multiple?
    This could be due to several reasons and to diagnose the issue, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check;

Step 1: Remove any external devices connected to PC (except mouse and keyboard)

Step 2: Disable security software and check.

Important: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 3: If you are referring to multiple updates, I would suggest you to try installing 4-5 updates at a time and then try restarting the computer.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jul 28, 2020
  4. I can't Install any software, it keeps saying "It's time to update your device"

Should I update bios?

@TiFOSi

the Warranty specifics are VERY detailed, and mention not covering a great deal of actions, although it is easy to say "do it man" and hope it turns out well for You, I prefer to advocate caution (im not saying dont try it), im just suggesting You take the proper steps to ensure Your butt is covered, in case somethin Does go wrong. And, lets keep in mind, even if they DO cover, and honor an RMA, that process sucks, as it takes a month or so often.

This warranty is only valid if the product:
    • 1. Was installed per GALAX instructions;
    • 2. Was not damaged during installation or removal from the computer;
    • 3. Was not damaged by software or hardware, including software or hardware incompatibility;
    • 4. Was maintained and operated under conditions of normal use in accordance with GALAX specifications;
    • 5. Was not damaged by overclocking or modification by someone other than GALAX.
    The warranty shall not apply where product(s) are used to any degree, outside of normal intended use, which shall include but not limited to “MINING” (e.g., Cryptocurrency, Data Mining, Mining Farms).”

if You'd like, this is the link to the Galax warranty disclaimer, id read through it
    this is why i suggest being cautious.
    good luck with whatever you choose.

jboydgolfer, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

I can't Install any software, it keeps saying "It's time to update your device"

1. I can't Install any software, it keeps saying "It's time to update your device" - Similar Threads - can't Install software

2. Update keeps saying unable to install update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update keeps saying unable to install update.: Update keeps saying unable to install update. This has been going on for 6 months and Microsoft engineers have never corrected the problem. There are no answers given. The only thread I can find concerning this problem is completely wrong. If microsoft engineers can please...
  3. Update keeps saying unable to install update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update keeps saying unable to install update.: Update keeps saying unable to install update. This has been going on for 6 months and Microsoft engineers have never corrected the problem. There are no answers given. The only thread I can find concerning this problem is completely wrong. If microsoft engineers can please...
  4. Update keeps saying unable to install update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't install any software (error code 2755)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install any software (error code 2755): [ATTACH] Any software I'm trying to install I'm getting the following error: https://preview.redd.it/3ovdk717wgj61.png?width=458&format=png&auto=webp&s=ce2ad45ea60f698bf231b7322e668b04f70f1681 'Retry' just keeping prompting the same error and 'Cancel' showing:...
  6. "It's time to update your device" Keeps on popping up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "It's time to update your device" Keeps on popping up.: my device is updated but i keep on getting this pop up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-time-to-update-your-device-keeps-on-popping-up/e8fa227b-b781-46f2-8234-1839b344f97c
  7. Can't update any software

Can't update any software: Windows updated a few days ago. Ever since, I have been unable to install or update any software. Software I've tried to install/udpate: - Ultimaker Cura - Davinci Resolve - World of Warcraft - Chitubox All give a similar error that they can't write to the hard disk without...
  8. How to bypass "It's time to update your device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bypass "It's time to update your device": Hi! When I want to install new software that comes as .exe installer, I get "It's time to update your device". [img] 1) How do I permanently disable this without doing update? I mean it's fine if some apps don't run but when exe file installers start to show this message...
  9. How to bypass "It's time to update your device"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to bypass "It's time to update your device": Hi! When I want to install new software I get "It's time to update your device". [img] 1) How do I bypass this thing without doing update? 2) How does windows know it is out of date? What do I have to write in hosts file to completely cut any communication to microsoft...
  10. Can't install any software and file explorer freezes

Can't install any software and file explorer freezes: I've been trying to download software from the internet but every time I double click the install file on my desktop, windows freezes (applications like Discord still work, just taskbar and desktop freeze so I restart windows explorer in task manager and it'll unfreeze). If I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. its time to update your device

2. i ttime to upfate your device

3. windows 10 unable to install programs its time to update your device

4. its time to update fix,
  5. when i cant install apps windows tell me its time to update your divise,
  6. windows 10 its time to update your device,
  7. cant install program its time to update your device