Windows 10: I can't install certain programs on my win 10 laptop

Discus and support I can't install certain programs on my win 10 laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Win 10 Laptop, every program installs fine except 2, H&R Block Tax software & Genesis Navigation Update software. I've tried installing in different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mt_Ron, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Mt_Ron Win User

I can't install certain programs on my win 10 laptop

My Win 10 Laptop, every program installs fine except 2, H&R Block Tax software & Genesis Navigation Update software. I've tried installing in different compatibilities: Win 7 & Win 8, I've tried with firewall off & antivirus off. I created a new user account and fresh booted into it thinking that would be a fresh registry would it? and tried all of the above and no luck. I've tried double click, right-click run and high light enter. Nothing!

I have a win 7 PC, both programs install as they should, and both programs are used by thousands of consumers. Any ideas?

:)

Mt_Ron, Jan 28, 2021

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Jan 28, 2021
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Jan 28, 2021
  4. kajson Win User

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink I can't install certain programs on my win 10 laptop ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. I can't install certain programs on my win 10 laptop - Similar Threads - can't install certain

2. Certain programs won't open at all on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs won't open at all on my laptop: I can't open these programs they wont open at all when I click them it'll show it's loading but won't open I want to be able to draw but the program won't open.The programs that won't open:CLIP STUDIO PAINT art programCLIP STUDIO art program launcherKrita art programUltimaker...
  3. Certain programs won't open at all on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain programs won't open at all on my laptop: I can't open these programs they wont open at all when I click them it'll show it's loading but won't open I want to be able to draw but the program won't open.The programs that won't open:CLIP STUDIO PAINT art programCLIP STUDIO art program launcherKrita art programUltimaker...
  4. Can't interact with certain Windows Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't interact with certain Windows Programs: Hi! For some reason I'm unable to click on some Microsoft apps with my mouse. I can use my keyboard to interact with them but, nothing with my mouse. For example, Power Toys loads up but, I can't click on anything! All I can do is move the window around but I can't click on...
  5. Can't interact with certain Windows Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't interact with certain Windows Programs: Hi! For some reason I'm unable to click on some Microsoft apps with my mouse. I can use my keyboard to interact with them but, nothing with my mouse. For example, Power Toys loads up but, I can't click on anything! All I can do is move the window around but I can't click on...
  6. Can't interact with certain Windows Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. can't uninstall a certain program with win 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't uninstall a certain program with win 10?: [ATTACH] hi, i have a program that i don't uninstall, the uninstall button is grey so you can't click on it and the same goes for changing it. Does anyone have an idea? kann ein bestimmtes programm bei win 10 nicht deinstallieren?
  8. Can't drag and drop into certain programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't drag and drop into certain programs: [IMG] I can't drag any files into FL Studio, and it looks like the programs is 'locked' in some way There's this shield on my program icon, and it looks like it's related to the problem, since I've never had this issue, and this shield icon there before. As you can...
  9. My laptop crashed, but HDD intact: Can I restore the Win 10 Installation + Programs on a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop crashed, but HDD intact: Can I restore the Win 10 Installation + Programs on a...: So my Dell XPS laptop doesn't boot anymore. But the harddrive is still okay. So if I connect that harddrive to my new laptop as an external HDD. Is there a tool that can pull a backup from there, of the windows installation + all the installed programs? submitted by...
  10. Origin.exe - Bad image. Can't open/install a certain program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Origin.exe - Bad image. Can't open/install a certain program: Hello. I can't open a program I could open before updates. It's called Origin. It's for games. It shows a message - Origin.exe - Bad image "WINDOWS/system32/mswsock.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using...