Windows 10: I can't install games/apps from Microsoft Store/XBOX Game Pass Beta onto my D: drive and it...

Discus and support I can't install games/apps from Microsoft Store/XBOX Game Pass Beta onto my D: drive and it... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've been trying for a couple of days to install a game from the Xbox Game Pass Beta app and it won't let me install to any drive other than the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by saregister, May 21, 2020.

1. I can't install games/apps from Microsoft Store/XBOX Game Pass Beta onto my D: drive and it...

I've been trying for a couple of days to install a game from the Xbox Game Pass Beta app and it won't let me install to any drive other than the windows directory. I don't have a lot of space on my windows drive as it's just a small SSD drive and I'm going to fill it up with just a single game. When I try to install and select the D: drive which is set as my default drive it gives the following prompt:

I can't install games/apps from Microsoft Store/XBOX Game Pass Beta onto my D: drive and it... abb78fd6-98a2-4af6-931b-eb85e64e2780?upload=true.png

After clicking on Set it as your location where new apps are saved I get this message error code 0x80070005:

I can't install games/apps from Microsoft Store/XBOX Game Pass Beta onto my D: drive and it... e404c0a4-2b56-4e2b-8324-0126351ca1f7?upload=true.png

I've tried resetting the xbox game pass app and microsoft store app. uninstalled and reinstalled the xbox game pass app. It let me change the default directory for all the other selections as is illustrated. But if I try to change the install directory to D:, I always get this error window. I'm about to reset the computer to factory default settings, but I don't want to go through the hassle of downloading and installing all of my other games that are on the D: drive currently from Steam/Epic/Blizzard/Etc.... None of the solutions on the interwebz are helping either as most of them point to giving the appdata\local\Packages folder administrator privileges, but it already has elevated access.

:)

saregister, May 21, 2020

2. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta).
    Surely if I have paid £7.99 for the Microsoft store version I should get access to the Beta version? They are both called 'Xbox game pass'. Any help?

Drummeruk2142, May 21, 2020
  3. Windows Store (Xbox Game Pass for PC (beta))

Recently purchased Xbox Game Pass for PC (beta) and can not download certain games that are included in the pass. When viewing some games in the Windows Store and placing the mouse over the install button it will show a red X and will have no response when
    clicked. Other games have been downloaded with no issue. I have already tried WSreset.exe and have 200gb of free storage space for downloads.

Any suggestions for fixes or troubleshooting would be much appreciated.

TheNeonSky, May 21, 2020
  4. I can't install games/apps from Microsoft Store/XBOX Game Pass Beta onto my D: drive and it...

Xbox game Pass PC not installing games

I am trying to install games from the xbox Game Pass app on PC and it keeps saying that my drive must be formatted in NTFS. Well, both my D: and E: drives have been formatted to this since I got my PC a couple months ago. It seems like no matter what I
    do I cannot install games from the Game Pass or store. Any help?

F4t4l 5h0t, May 21, 2020
Thema:

I can't install games/apps from Microsoft Store/XBOX Game Pass Beta onto my D: drive and it...

1. I can't install games/apps from Microsoft Store/XBOX Game Pass Beta onto my D: drive and it... - Similar Threads - can't install games

2. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive: Hello.My C drive for my computer is puny compared to the D drive, I want to install Doom eternal, but can't because my c drive doesnt have the space to be on the c drive,. And I can't find where I can change the Install directory so i can Download it directly on my D drive....
  3. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive: Hello.My C drive for my computer is puny compared to the D drive, I want to install Doom eternal, but can't because my c drive doesnt have the space to be on the c drive,. And I can't find where I can change the Install directory so i can Download it directly on my D drive....
  4. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't install games from the xbox app onto my D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't install games from the xbox app onto my D drive: Hi, I have been using the xbox app for almost 2 years now and have never encountered this problem until now. Since I built my pc, I have used my C drive as primary, for my OS to run on. Any additional apps, software, or games I installed on my D drive. Both of my drives are...
  6. Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta - Can't select my d: drive to install games

Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta - Can't select my d: drive to install games: I recently bought the game pass for my pc, but it has a small internal hdd so I normally download apps to my portable hdd and it is selected for all app downloads. When I try to download a game from the game pass only the c: drive shows and not d:.[ATTACH]...
  7. Can't login in the Xbox Beta app and in any of the games from the game pass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login in the Xbox Beta app and in any of the games from the game pass: I'll try to be as simple as possible.The problem I'm facing is the following: when I open the Xbox Beta app and I try to log in with my account a window pop up and then closes itself without giving me the time to actually log in.Also when I open a game, the last one was Rise...
  8. Savings Microsoft store games/xbox beta games to D drive

Savings Microsoft store games/xbox beta games to D drive: I recently purchased a new PC around six months ago. it came with a SSD drive and large hard drive. I downloaded several games such as Forza 3 & 4 and Gears 4 & 5. i saved all these games on the D drive with no issues. Unfortunately last week my SSD failed and had to be...
  9. Can't install games from Xbox (Beta) onto my PC

Can't install games from Xbox (Beta) onto my PC: I currently subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate but when attempting to download games to my PC, when over the "Install" button, my mouse cursor changes from an arrow to a red, circular "do not enter" symbol. After clicking on the "..." next to the "Install" button, I choose...
  10. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta): So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta). Surely if I have paid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install game on xbox app

2. cant save games to d drive xbox beta