Windows 10: I cant install games

Discus and support I cant install games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i recently got minecraft windows 10 edition but i accidentaly screwed something up i guess, and it wouldnt start, so i uninstalled it. An hour later i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Micpico, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Micpico Win User

I cant install games

i recently got minecraft windows 10 edition but i accidentaly screwed something up i guess, and it wouldnt start, so i uninstalled it. An hour later i tried re-installing it but when i clicked install, it just froze microsoft store, I tried to delete all the files in a folder or something, but that didnt work, i also tried using powershell, but that didnt work either, please help me, my friends want to play minecraft with me!

:)

Micpico, Mar 2, 2021

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Mar 2, 2021
  4. niko084 Win User

I cant install games

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

I cant install games

1. I cant install games - Similar Threads - cant install games

2. I cant install a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install a game: i try to install among us and other apps but it doesn't work and says pending even though its the only thing downloading. it wont install. i tried restarting 3 times and still doesn't work....
  3. I cant install a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant install a game: i try to install among us and other apps but it doesn't work and says pending even though its the only thing downloading. it wont install. i tried restarting 3 times and still doesn't work....
  4. cant instal the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant instal the game: i had bought SkyrimWindows11 but i cant download iterror code 0x87e00196gametag rootpuki have already performed all basic troubleshooting steps we have for this such as updating your Windows to the latest version, resetting all gaming apps in my PC, reinstalling Gaming...
  5. cant install games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install games: for some reason when i go to skul: the hero slayer's page this frown face shows up , but in any other game its normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games/b168643e-185b-41db-90d4-de81e22ba0fa
  6. cant install games

cant install games: for some reason when i go to skul: the hero slayer's page this frown face shows up , but in any other game its normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games/b168643e-185b-41db-90d4-de81e22ba0fa
  7. i cant install a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant install a game: i cant install ark survival evolved of the windows store anymore. i had it on widows 10 with no issues and i am trying to reinstall it but its saying it cant be any help would be appreciated...
  8. i cant install a game

i cant install a game: i cant install ark survival evolved of the windows store anymore. i had it on widows 10 with no issues and i am trying to reinstall it but its saying it cant be any help would be appreciated...
  9. Bought a game and i cant install it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bought a game and i cant install it: I bought forza horizon 4 ultimate edition and i cant download it. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-a-game-and-i-cant-install-it/72e34dd8-b395-4f5c-ac46-60d9461ebbe5
  10. I bought a game but cant install it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a game but cant install it: I bought minecraft on the Microsoft store but I cant install it. It says I need "ARM" compared to the 64-bit I have now. I have no idea what that means and I just want to play the game I bought...