Windows 10: I can't install my TurboTax CD, Says I have 0 bytes available. Is that why? What can I do?

Discus and support I can't install my TurboTax CD, Says I have 0 bytes available. Is that why? What can I do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't install my CD Turbo Tax. It just display a big red check mark with "0 bytes available" written underneath. Does that mean it won't work because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MalcolmZoe, Apr 14, 2019.

1. I can't install my TurboTax CD, Says I have 0 bytes available. Is that why? What can I do?

I can't install my CD Turbo Tax. It just display a big red check mark with "0 bytes available" written underneath. Does that mean it won't work because I need to free up space somewhere? How di I do this?

:)

MalcolmZoe, Apr 14, 2019
  2. x509 Win User

Weird pricing for TurboTAX 2018

So I need to buy TurboTAX Premier. Amazon lists the download for $70, but the CD with free shipping for only $55. Same on NewEgg. So I bought the CD from NewEgg. Duh.*Party Delivered in only four days.

Anyone care to speculate on this pricing, which seems upside down to me.

3. Unable to load Turbotax on newly installed Windows 10

Have you checked the TurboTax site to make sure that version you have on the CD is compatible with Windows 10? It will be listed there. They will also have info if any other TurboTax customer has ever encountered the same issue.

Another thing you can try out: open File Explorer, go to the "This PC" section. Find your CD drive icon (it may have a TurboTax logo on it while the CD is in) and right-click and choose "Open" (so that it doesn't try to run the setup program yet). Find
    the actual setup file icon, right-click, and choose "Troubleshoot compatibility" from the menu.

Many times, this is all it takes. I recorded a demo about doing this, it's only a 45-second video if you want to take a look. It says Windows 8, but the steps are 100% identical in Windows 10 too (and 7 for that matter). Here's a link:

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 14, 2019
  4. Ron1942 Win User

I can't install my TurboTax CD, Says I have 0 bytes available. Is that why? What can I do?

Installing TurboTax 2018

When installing TurboTax 2018, I get a Disply box saying:

"Warning 1909. Could not create shortcut TurboTax Canada 2018.Ink. Verify that the destination folder exists and that you can access it". then there is a box with "OK" to be clicked in order to continue. the program then installs and seems to work, except
    for the following:

The program is supposed to create this folder and write to it, but it doesn't do it. The shortcut also isn't created and when the program is run, nothing can be saved.

The same thing happened last year when I installed TurboTax, but I forget how I corrected the problem.

Any suggestions?

Ron1942, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

I can't install my TurboTax CD, Says I have 0 bytes available. Is that why? What can I do?

1. I can't install my TurboTax CD, Says I have 0 bytes available. Is that why? What can I do? - Similar Threads - can't install TurboTax

2. I am having problems installing Turbotax .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having problems installing Turbotax .: I am having problems installing Turbotax . I get the RICHED20.DLL error. I tried to follow the above instructions ut must be doing something wrong. I pasted the following commandscd /d c:\windows\syswow64\TAKEOWN /F riched20.dll /aICACLS riched20.dll /resetICACLS riched20.dll...
  3. i have windows 11 and have a 2022 turbotax Cd!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have windows 11 and have a 2022 turbotax Cd!: Hi I purchased a 2022 turbo tax 2022 cd!When i go to download the program it comes come with the question Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your devise and it says either yes or no when i click on no it doesn't do anything.Should i be clicking on yesas when i...
  4. i have windows 11 and have a 2022 turbotax Cd!

i have windows 11 and have a 2022 turbotax Cd!: Hi I purchased a 2022 turbo tax 2022 cd!When i go to download the program it comes come with the question Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your devise and it says either yes or no when i click on no it doesn't do anything.Should i be clicking on yesas when i...
  5. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?: I can't log onto my computer. I get a message that says, "Something happened, and your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again." When I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried to start in safe mode, but the same message comes up. trying to start it in any other...
  6. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?: I can't log onto my computer. I get a message that says, "Something happened, and your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again." When I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried to start in safe mode, but the same message comes up. trying to start it in any other...
  7. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?

8. It says I can and it says I can't...what gives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says I can and it says I can't...what gives?: This is the message I got tonight. My PC is new enough. Alienware R11. It should work! UEFI and SECURE BOOT enabled already. Not sure what to make of this. Can anyone advise?...
  9. It says I can and it says I can't...what gives?

It says I can and it says I can't...what gives?: This is the message I got tonight. My PC is new enough. Alienware R11. It should work! UEFI and SECURE BOOT enabled already. Not sure what to make of this. Can anyone advise?...
  10. Why is my available physical memory is half what I have installed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my available physical memory is half what I have installed?: I have 12 gb of ram but I only have 6.30 gb of available physical memory. How would I be able to free up or restore it? Installed Physical Memory RAM 12.0 GB Total Physical Memory 9.94 GB Available Physical Memory 6.17 GB Total Virtual Memory 14.7 GB Available Virtual...