Windows 10: I Can't Install On A External Drive

Discus and support I Can't Install On A External Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For Some Odd Reason I Try To Install On A SSD With 340GB's Free But An Error Saying I Have No Storage Left. Also I Installed Flight Simulator But It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Osian Williams, Jun 10, 2021.

1. I Can't Install On A External Drive

For Some Odd Reason I Try To Install On A SSD With 340GB's Free But An Error Saying I Have No Storage Left. Also I Installed Flight Simulator But It Installed On My C-Drive With Only 250GB's Of Storage. I Tried Halo Master Chief CollectionThanks For Reading :

:)

Osian Williams, Jun 10, 2021

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 10, 2021
  4. I Can't Install On A External Drive

Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

I Can't Install On A External Drive

1. I Can't Install On A External Drive - Similar Threads - Can't Install External

2. I can't access installed programs on my SSD External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't access installed programs on my SSD External Hard Drive: I own a laptop with Windows 10, on which I use an external 1TB SSD hard drive. I've always installed all my programs on this drive, and it has worked properly for the past few years. However, today, out of nowhere, those programs became inaccessible. I can open files videos,...
  3. I can't find my external drives

I can't find my external drives: I am still running Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo computer and after the last update I can no longer find either of my external drives. One is a Western Digital 80 gb and the other is a Dell 1 tb drive. I have a lot of information stored on these two drives and would like to...
  4. I can't find my external drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my external drives: I am still running Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo computer and after the last update I can no longer find either of my external drives. One is a Western Digital 80 gb and the other is a Dell 1 tb drive. I have a lot of information stored on these two drives and would like to...
  5. I can't find my external drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't rename external drive

Can't rename external drive: [img] Windows 10 v 1904. Want to rename external disk "X". System likes it as "D" in sequence. I can type in (X) but the (D) won't change. Can this be done? 171446
  7. Can't rename external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't rename external drive: [img] Windows 10 v 1904. Want to rename external disk "X". System likes it as "D" in sequence. I can type in (X) but the (D) won't change. Can this be done? 171446
  8. install external drive

install external drive: I am trying to install an external DVD/CD drive. I have no idea where to start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-external-drive/81345b31-72e9-4c47-b45f-f6f2bb0d08c3
  9. I can't see an external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see an external drive: I'm trying to move 4G of files from an iOmega external drive to my WD 4T backup drive, but Windows Explorer does not see the iOmega drive. Device Manager sees it, its driver is updated, I disabled and enabled it, tried various USB ports, rebooted my laptop, but Windows...
  10. Softwares Can't Be Installed From an External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Softwares Can't Be Installed From an External Hard Drive: When I try to install a software from an external hard drive I can't. But when I copy that file onto desktop I can. How to fix that? 71332